Importing Text Styles into Bricscad

Hi all,Bricscad has been working wonderfully well until now - I cannot seem to add extra/different text styles into the program.How can I import some new text styles into Bricscad?? I cannot find anything in the help to be able to do this. I have placed the shape files (.shx/.shp) into the directory:C:\Program Files\Bricsys\Bricscad\FontsBricscad will not recognise them?Any suggestions would be appreciated.Sonia

Comments

• Personally, I put my custom fonts in a directory I create and add it to the support path. I prefer to stay away from the application files and directories. i.e. C:\CAD\Fonts.Regardless, I would check the directory you have added the fonts to is actually in the support path. On my system the default location for the Bricscad (v9) fonts is:C:\Program Files\Bricsys\Bricscad V9\Fonts.Hope it helps...

• You mentioned both "styles" and "fonts." Acad and Bricscad text entities are each assigned a text style, and each style in a given DWG file is assigned a font. You talked about both "adding" and "importing," two different operations.To IMPORT a text style from one DWG file into another, you can copy-to-clipboard any text entity which uses that style in the first file, and then paste it into the second file. The style is imported along with the text entity. If it worked in the first file, it'll work in the second.The only exception is if the target file already has a text style of the same name. In that case the entity will come in using that style as it's already defined in the target file. You have to change the style name in one file or the other in order to get the new style definition to come in.To ADD a new text style that you don't already have in any DWG file, open Drawing Explorer and select the Text Styles window. You can pull down Edit > New, or right-click on any text style and select New. Then give the new style a name, then select its font name and pull down to select a different font. The fonts in that pull-down list are whatever SHX fonts are in the support path as Greg described, plus whatever system fonts are in the Windows font folder.

• Thanks Guys,I'm using Version 8 still, and the option I want is to put the Test styles into the pull down list to set them in a .dwt file for our standards. I understand that Bricscad will bring the text across from the design program drawing file but to then create more text in the drawing I cannot do it.I cannot find anything about where my fonts are coming from - it would seem the C:\Program Files\Bricsys\Bricscad\Fonts isn't seeing the shape files I have placed there.

• I'm afraid I am having difficulty understanding what you are having problems with.1./ Are you able to create a text style in the drawing explorer using a standard font? (i.e. ROMANS.SHX)2./ Are you able to modify that text style to use a different font?3./ Are you able to find any of your custom or third party fonts in the drop down list from the drawing explorer?4./ Are you familiar with the support path in the config settings dialog?5./ If yes, is the directory with the fonts in your support path?Regards.

• It's so hard to work out where the program puts and finds support files, I search for all files such as .SHX in windows and copy them all into my general drawing directory and add that to Bricscad's support file path. You could use My Documents directory for that too.

• Just in case it hasn't been tried type "settings" into the command bar to bring up the settings dialog then type "Support" as the search term. Support File Search Path should be the first option. Click on the button with the ellipsis. If your font files aren't in one of these folders then they wont be found. If you upgraded to V8 from V7 then it is possible the settings did not get written properly (I had this issue).

This discussion has been closed.