Wipeout problem

Did anyone had problems creating wipeouts on the paperspace (layout)?It only shows me the wipeout frame (if it's on) but otherwise it's completelly transparent. I verified the checkbox "Transparent" is set for no.On the model space the command works just fine.Please help

Comments

• On my system, Wipeout works in paperspace and covers up everything behind it. Did the objects you're trying to hide somehow get moved to the front?But I have a different problem with wipeouts in v9: they don't have grips for re-shaping. Not in model or paper space. If I make a wipeout in v9 and paste it into v8, then it has grips and I can drag-stretch them in v8 to re-shape the wipeout. But not in v9. Anyone else?

• My wipeouts work properly.

• In order to select the wipeout and see the grips you need to turn on frames using the wipeout command. Then you can turn off frames when done.

• Thanks, Stephen. I hadn't tried that. But what I found is that on my system the Frames On/Off setting only controls whether the outline of the wipeout is visible. When it's not visible, it can't be selected. When it is visible, it can be selected and moved or copied, but there are no grips and it can't be drag-stretched by any of the vertices. In v8, with no Wipeout command, the grips of any pasted-in wipeout can be grabbed and stretched. But it sounds like I'm the only one with this problem.

• To verify if this is due to a setting, the easiest way is to try how it behaves when using a new user profile...

• If your wipeout is in paperspace and appears transparent you need to set the plot option on your page setup to 'Plot paperspace last' otherwise you are plotting the model over the top of the wipeout making it appear transparent and this will display on the screen as well.I had the same problem. Took me a while to work out.

• Thanks Adrian, indeed that was the answer. It worked selecting "plot paperspace last". I owe you a bier :))Admin: Still we cannot modify the wipeout we create 'cause there a no grip point to use. Is there any chance to see them soon?

• And it's not working even if I turn the frames on

• I just checked using the current Bricscad release build (V9.2.11) and a brandnew user profile. I created wipeouts both in model space and paper space, and in model viewports in paper space. All have grips and function fine. If this is not what you experience with V9.2.11 then please file a support request and attach the drawing you used.Kind regards

• I tried again and: on V9.12 I don't have grips .. on V9.2.11 I have grip points.Thanks for the tips guys

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!