Raster image

If I insert a raster image (a tiff file) is there anyway to be able to erase the . tiff file from the original location? If I do that now, when I reload the dwg file I onli get a squarebox instead of the image. I tried to select the option "no path" when inserting But it still doesn't work.

Comments

• The raster image is treated like an xRef. As far as I know you can not embed it in the DWG."No Path" is a syntax type for the raster image file location. "No Path" assumes that the raster image you've inserted is iin the same directory as the DWG file your using. I prefer either "No Path" or "Relative" because my office does not have a dedicated server for imagery.Steve

• But in Autocad you can embed a raster image without the need to keep the source file too

• I believe what you want to do is embed the image as an OLE object. Open the image in an image editing or viewing program, select it and copy it to the clip board. Then open your drawing and paste it into the DWG file.

• But bear in mind that the DWG file becomes much larger with an OLE image embedded. I usually remove any OLE images in files people send to me and make them inserted images referencing a JPG or GIF file. The last time I did that, the DWG file got 26 mb smaller (reduced from 26.8 mb to 0.8 mb). The GIF files that took their place had the same resolution but used less than 1 mb of disk space.

• Again thanks for the tip... it works using your solution.

• I do not copy and paste either the quality goes down.  I insert the raster like I would an xref.  However we made changes to the server and now the images are in another location.  how do I "re-map" to the new location? 

• To do it manually; choose "image management" from the image menu; select the image to remap; click on the "Saved Path" cell and then click on the button that appears; then reselect the image in its new location.

Regards, 

• THANK YOU!

This discussion has been closed.