Prosteel shapes into Bricscad

Has anyone had the situation when opening a DWG file that has been created from Prosteel, there are only boxes shown on the display with text saying "Ks_shape (Pro_stahl_3D)" at the bottom of each box. They are denoted as proxy entities and even though the variable for proxy entities is set to on, it makes no difference. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Hi Ian,The proxy Objects from Prosteel in the DWG file are ARX-custom-objects,objects that only the Prosteel application can create, read, write and displayin the AutoCAD environment.If you open the "prosteel" DWG file in AutoCAD without having the prosteel applicationloaded chances are that you will have the same display problem(without object enabler).So, i think the display problem in Bricscad has nothing to do with Bricscad but withthe custom ARX-prosteel-objects.Generally speaking you have following solutions to this problem:1. to open the DWG in the AutoCAD-Prosteel environment and export the file as plain AutoCAD file , meaning that the prosteel-functionality/objects are converted to generic autocad objects like Blocks (possibly anonymous) or Groups etc. This should be a functionality offered by the Prosteel application. I don't use prosteel and i can't answer that! This plain file should display the Prosteel objects in Bricscad like any other DWG native objects like lines, blocks etc2. Check out if Prosteel offers an Object Enabler for Bricscad. This means an application program to be loaded in Bricscad, enabling the functionality of prosteel objects in Bricscad! Check again with the Prosteel vendor.Good luckKonstantin

This discussion has been closed.