Dimension problem

Hi there,I have an problem when trying to edit the text of a linear dimension:For example if I edit the text with this: 4 @ 3'-0" \X = 12'-0" everything looks fine but if I write: 4 @ 3'-0" \X = <> then what I have on screen is : 4 @ 3'-0" = 12'-0"\X and that not good at all.Got any ideas why?

Comments

• Very strange, Emanuel, but I can't replicate it. I tried the example you gave, and got:4 @ 3'-0"= 12'-0"The text displayed on the second line adjusts automatically as I resize the dimension.Have you tried it with a different font? I don't know why that would make a difference, but I can't think of anything else.

• The problem occurs when I try to show the result of dimension as <>. this sign is showing the actual value of the dimension. Let's say I don't want to make the calculation for 4 times 3'-0 1/2".Then I write in the edit text line: 4 @ 3'-0 1/2" = <> And the dim is showing 4 @ 3'-0 1/2" = 12'-2"Now if I want to break this in two lines and add the \X I get the problem I explained. If I write manually 12'-2" it works fine I agree.

• It works ok for me, the difference could be that my dwgs are all metric.Never knew \X broke a line, I always used \P. \X gives a larger line space, but it displays properly for me using either.

• Emanuel, it seems to work fine for me with inches, feet or metres using decimal and architechtural units. I am using v9.2.14 EN. Perhaps it is a localization issue? Are you using English or another locale?

• I am using the english version 9.2.14The drawing is set to imperial units ...

This discussion has been closed.