Plot output

I'm starting to try and work with 3D models (architectural based). I can draw in 3D without too much difficulty; I can create multiple viewports in paperspace each with a different view and although I can display a 'hidden' view in each viewport separately I cannot 'hide' all the viewports and, more importantly, am not able to plot out a drawing showing only the visible lines.Can anybody help?

Comments

• To plot a hidden line view, the wireframe shademode of the viewport must be 3D.Do the following: type SHADEMODE in the command bar, then choose hidden from the prompt box or type H and press Enter. The hidden option of the shademode command automatically sets the wireframe display to 3D.Please notice the plotout of a hidden line view is not vectorized, but pixalated. Therefore lineweights are neglected in the plot.

• The output to a plotter is fine, however we have a policy of plotting drawings for issue to Adobe as a virtual printer (as a way of preserving an issue audit) and when we try outputting a drawing with any "SHADEMODE" content the whole drawing is blank - no title frame or text which is in paper space, and no paper space views whether or not they contain hidden elements or not. The whole drawing is blank although the same drawing using identical parameters except for the output device plots fine.Is there an answer to this problem?

• I'm not sure if is a memory type problem, or something different, but the plot output 'hangs' when using Adobe Acrobat Professional, v.8, but works fine if I use NovaPDF Pro, v.6 (?!)

This discussion has been closed.