Heap address problem

Keep on getting this break everytime i select an entity; any clues?HEAP[bricscad.exe]: Invalid address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 048F0000, 0965BC78 )

Comments

• Does this occur with every drawing? Which Bricscad version is used? Which operating system? Which locale?

• thanks for replying.tried Briscad: 9.3.2 and And currently 9.3.3 on vista OS,MS .NET 2008 Professional EditionThe message is always the same;"HEAP[bricscad.exe]: Invalid address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 04880000, 072655E8 )".This error is generated when i try to select any entity added to the briscad drawing, a simple pop up message box gives me the option to either break or continue and also has the message "Windows has triggered a breakpoint in bricscad.exe.This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in bricscad.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.This may also be due to the user pressing F12 while bricscad.exe has focus.The output window may have more diagnostic information."

• Hello Moabi,Bricscad V9.3.x builds are in beta stage and this user forum is not the proper place to discuss beta builds. Instead please file a support request.Still, there seems to be some vital information missing to reproduce this problem: if it would occur whenever anyone tries to select an entity we would have received hundreds of complaints from beta testers by now. To me it sounds like you are using Bricscad along with some 3rd party application. If so, then please provide more detail in the problem description section of the support request.

• You can not use VS 2008 system to create Add-On modules for Bricscad V9.You must use VS 2005 instead.If you create your arx/brx/drx modules using VS 2008, then the Bricscad process uses both CRT/MFC 8 and CRT/MFC 9 versions, which will surely result in memory management problems ... just as you detected :-)Please use VS 2005 SP1 ...

This discussion has been closed.