Drawing Explorer

In drawings with many layers (≥15 layers; size of drawing is ~ 20 MB) I must wait a few seconds (sometimes > 10 sec.) just to turn on or off some layers (regen is turned off).This happen only in Drawing Explorer. From "control box" I can normally change status of layers.Some layer managers based on ARX working fine, but I prefer standard tools.

Comments

• I don't know how to use ARX, but layers in larger files take a while to freeze or thaw whether I do it on the command line, layers toolbar, explorer, through a script file or in lisp.The last two I regularly use, at least I get them in groups which I don't think takes longer than per layer.

• ....er, I mean freezing/thawing in groups is faster than per layer.

• In Layer Explorer, you will see a toolbar - especially 2 icons with a "pencil" :1. on shows "Regen On/Off" - this shows the RegenMode variable, which is usually = 1 => click this to set RegenMode=0 => then, the drawing is no longer immediately regenerated with each layer change2. next left icon shows "Regen" => this can be used to do a "forced" screen regeneration.Unfortunately do not forget to set Regenmode=1 before leaving the Drawing Explorer :-(We already changed this, so the "Regenmode On/Off" will no longer directly effect the RegenMode system variable ... will be fixed in future Bricscad versions.

• Torsen,I would like to suppress regeneration during macro execution, but I cannot find a equivalent for RegenMode in VBA. Is that indeed missing, or am I missing something and should I not expect something like that?I assume one could use a SendCommand/RunCommand and execute the command REGENMODE.

• All that seems to do (in Explorer) is hold off the regen until you have frozen/thawed multiple layers. You still have to regen afterwards and it takes just as long as say typing them on the command line separated by commas (-Layer F L1,L2,L3)... or changing just one layer with regenmode on.

• For VBA - I would assume, COM also has a possibility to change a system variable for the document ?Then, simply set REGENMODE system variable to 0 (suppress regen) or to 1 after your macro is done; additionally, you will need to send a _Regen command afterwards.

This discussion has been closed.