Editing command screen menus?

I'm having trouble locating where to edit the menus that drop into the screen when a command is started. An example is when the "Copy" command is started, a screen menu appears with options appropriate to copy. Where can I find the menu code to change those items?Thanks,Jim

Comments

• Those are called Prompt Boxes, and they show all the options that a command will accept. I don't think you can make a prompt box show an incorrect list of options for a built-in command, but if you create your own custom command you can decide what options the custom command will accept and what options will appear in its prompt boxes.For example, if you create a custom command in Lisp, you could use an (initget) function to define some keywords, and then follow it with one of the various user-input functions that accept keywords, such as (getkword), and those keywords will show in a prompt box while the command is waiting for that input.(initget "Yes No Maybe")(getkword "Ready? <Yes/No/Maybe>: ")will show a prompt box listing Yes, No, Maybe, and Cancel, which will remain on display until one of those options is selected either by clicking on it or typing an option.Then you could take that user input and pass it to a built-in command. So you would be creating a custom version of the built-in command, a version that has either a different prompt box, or different options, or both, depending on how you write the code.

• Thanks. I was not aware of the relationship between initget and the prompt boxes (thanks there too). I can recode what I need fairly easily now.Jim

This discussion has been closed.