Notification when someone answers a post

Hi,Maybe a dumb question, but how do you activate "notification post" to your mailbox when someone answers a post?I looked through the My Stuff section but no answer there,Best regards,Mads Boserup Lauritsen

Comments

• Yes, that would be a nessesary basic, that I also wonder about for a long time.Thus until now, it is just very rarely, that I post here due to the seeming lack of that functionality.

• Off the top of my head I cannot think a public user forum I participate in that does notify me of responses to my posts. Perhaps just a fluke. Some do have personal member to member messaging.How does the notification work on other sites? Are you notified of each posting to a thread you start, participate in or every thread? I guess the latter would just be a mail list sever.Then again maybe I am just a relic from Usenet era :-)

• Only one forum I have been involved with had notification. It might save a little time looking for a reply, but you wouldn't get many if everyone else was also just waiting for replies to their own messages.

• Funny, everyone that I belong to does (except this one), not a big deal though as I practically live here

• Most forums has the ability to be user customized.Example,1. Receive feedback's for every post on the forum2. Receive feedback's for post in a specific category (Tagging in different topics is needed for this forum). 3. Only receive feedback's to your mailbox related to your own posts. Well. I participated in the development of some DXF-input for Inkscape, Open Source drawing program.Look at the tread at launchpad for example https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/293940I suppose this could be done at this forum as well, user-orientated information is at top priority for professional users.Best regardsMads

• An enhanced version of the forum is in the planning. New features will be:- notify per thread- notify per forum- better support for code inside posts- adding links to external sites- maybe some layoutI cannot give an exact timing but it should be there in the next couple of months.

• Good to hear, it will enhance the use of BricsCad significant.Best regardsMads

• Hi all,

We've updated the forum with the following functionalities:

• Topic subscription
    • Formatting toolbar
    • Post links easily
    • Better code pasting
    • Display previous messages when reply
    • Other small enhancements (lay-out)

Coming up: More subscription functions

• Hello,

My screen seems to be cutting about 3 to 4 letters on the right hand margin when displaying the forum posts, could this be related to the new modifications?

• A cancel button would be useful when replying!  I guess you can hit the back button in the browser but it is slightly inconvenient :)

• @ Jose:

Please try to clear your cache and to refresh the page (Ctrl + F5).

If there is still a problem, please specify the browser and browser version  you're using (e.g. Internet Explorer 7.x).

Best Regards,

Sander

This discussion has been closed.