I Support Bricscad

Hey Bricscad,

I support Bricscad as I can feel their team is aggressive. And their price is reasonable.

But I just worry about the copy right problem. As basically its command is same to AutoCAD.

Will any lawyer make Bricscad close some day like LT-extender?

Thanks,

Bruce T_T

Comments

• Googling this it seems that Autodesk targeted LT-Extender because they were 'redistributing Autodesk proprietary files, copying AutoCAD files to their machines deploying AutoCAD LT, [and] modifying protected Autodesk code'. BricsCAD may look and work like AutoCAD but the code is entirely written by IntelliCAD and Bricsys developers or fully licensed (as I think is the case with the VBA component of BricsCAD). The same accusation therefore can't apply to BricsCAD. Autodesk may get upset at how alike the programs are to your average layperson but I don't think there's a lot they can do about that, other than make AutoCAD more marketable.

I'm not sure what BricsCAD's market share is compared to AutoCAD LT's, but I'd imagine an add-on that dissuades the legions of LT users out there from upgrading to full AutoCAD would be a significant concern to Autodesk. They probably regard users switching to BricsCAD to be less of an issue, especially now they have so much of their user base locked into subscriptions. Not that this should cause Bricsys any headaches, while Autodesk charges more for a year's subscription than Bricsys charges to buy their software outright!

• I switched from Acad (LT) to Bricscad a few years ago, now 7 seats. Main reason was the arrogance of Autodesk, not just the cost - forced upgrades before we were ready. I admit that if we had already been a subscriber it would have been more difficult, but the cost savings are significant and the product 99% as good. The extra 1% (very subjective!) is not worth the extra cost. Autodesk should be worried, and Bricscad should be pleased. I also really appreciate the openness and support now, it's a winning combination.

• Up until version 10 of Bricscad we had a foot in each camp - Bricscad and AutoCAD - with AUtoCAD being our primary program.  With version 10, Bricscad has become our primary program.  We keep one copy of AutoCAD for the quirks that still existin in Bricscad.

Keep up the good work.

This discussion has been closed.