Display setting for automatic regen/redraw.

When I pan across a drawing or quickly zoom in and out, there are often fragments and ghosts left on the screen, while other elements are not showing at all. A manual regen/redraw fixes this, but personally I find this disrupts my workflow. Is there a way to pump up automatic regen/redraw to make the display more responsive?

Im running Bricscad on a 2,8Ghz dualcore with Quadro FX770 graphics card. There should be plenty of Ooomph to make the display as snappy as anyone could wish for.

Comments

• I just had a look at the program options and there appear to be a few screws which might be worth tweaking. However, I am not really sure what they do. Could somebody give a brief explanation.

Settings/Program Options/Display/

... Regen-drag rate

... Fast-drag rate

... Realtime speedup

• Can anyone comment on what the mentioned settings do or control.

I'm curious to find out and the help file doesn't say much about these options.

• When we introduced the panbuffer mechanism there were some problems with artifacts, typically caused by interference between the buffered display and other things in the display such as the UCS icon and the grid. Most of these artifacts have been fixed, but it's worth trying to switch off panbuffer usage in the settings dialog.

• Hi Alexander. I disabled panbuffer and so far it looks like an improvement. A little more screen flicker from redraws, but no artefacts.  Especially Xlines are now a lot more useful, as they actually show up. With panbuffer on I reguarly had to regen manually in order to see them.

Thanks, Simon.

This discussion has been closed.