Issues with XREF's ?

I have been experiencing some problems when working with files with XREF's attached. In fact I have been avoiding XREF's as much as possible for a while. I finally discovered something repeatable and have reported it today.

I am curious if there are any others having problems when working with XREF's or is it somehow restricted to my system or pattern of usage. So, have you noticed any issues when working with files having XREF's? Is it something repeatable? Has it been reported?

Regards,

Greg

Comments

•  

I have had problems with hatches in a finished drawing that use lines from an xref'd base file as boundary.

... and yes, it's reported.

• In the past I have had parts of xrefs protruding beyond xclip boundaries, but that seems to be cured.

Some of my jobs are done to our loony state govt standard which bans pspace, so I use that strategy a lot.

For some time I have had vplayer settings in viewports showing xref'd files, not sticking. Also sometimes layer settings in clipped xrefs in model space don't stick.

Doesn't matter what I do with Visretain, the files open in a different state than they were closed... sometimes.

I had reported it and the reply was to Audit the xref. Despite not usually finding anything wrong it seemed to work, but now it seems the problem returns and occurs in random jobs.

I had trouble with both associated hatches and dimensions generally in the recent past, so I forego the advantages and adopted a policy of making them all dissociated.

I don't really know if the problems still exist, but I have no trouble now.

• How about the xref randomly dissapearing from the screen and xref list.   Happens during various commands.  It returns when the drawing is called up again. 

Another one is that refedit saves as a 2010 file format even if the setting is to save all files as acad 2004.

Jay

• Yes, the disappearing act! That one I've seen quite a lot. I have a road project the borders disappear once I save the drawing. This is an XREF inserted in paper space layouts, one for each sheet and a different drawing for each set. Comes back again when I open up again so far/ I have reported an example of this and have been informed it does not occur when using a default profile but it is repeatable with my user profile. I have not had the time to try to discover which setting triggers it.

I think there might be something odd happening when inserting a drawing as a block when it contains an XREF (not that one should do such a thing :) but have not had time to try and chase it down.

I also keep my save format set to an older release so I also would like to see that respected. I have not sent in a support request about it though thinking it was just me ;-)

I REALLY like Bricscad but XREF's have been making me develop a twich :-(

• Greg,

thanks for providing a drawing and user profile that allowed to reproduce the disappearing xref issue. We are currently preparing V10.4.11 and will make sure that it includes fixes both for this issue and for obeying the SAVEFORMAT setting during Refedit.

Kind regards

• Hans, that sounds great... Good work!

• Thank you Hans.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!