2D Polyline

I have a topo survery with some contours entities as polylines and others as 2D polylines.

1. I'm not sure what a 2D polyline is, it behaves like a Bézier curve with handles.

2. Is there a way to convert the 2D polyline to a plain polyline in Bricscad?

Comments

• A 2Dpolyline is an old type. The new "optimized" type is called plain "Polyline" in the Properties palette, and LWpolyline in DXF code (the old type is plain Polyline in DXF).

Either type of polyline can be made to look like a bezier curve by using the Fit or Spline option of the PEDIT command. So converting won't help you even if it can be done. (There's supposed to be automatic conversion of the older type to the newer when you open a file, depending on the setting of the PLINETYPE variable, but I've never seen it work. That variable does control which type of polyline is created by the PLINE command.)

The "Decurve" option of PEDIT turns off the curved display. Only one at a time, of course. You'd have to write a lisp function to use it on multiple polylines all at once.

• Well if all else fails blow it up! Right?
    I tried all sorts of things, saving in various DWG and DFX version. Looked for 3rd party solutions. Nothing.

So, just I decide to explode to lines and remake into polylines. Not smart, but it got done.

An "autoconvert to polyline on open" is a great concept, if it would only work.

Thanks for the history and such,

Issue over for today.

This discussion has been closed.