Invisible Entity Snap

I have just upgraded a user from V9 to V10, and on that particular machine the entity snap indicator at the selected point is now nearly always missing. User is going slowly mad. Sometimes it appears, but not always. The text tooltip appears, so we know that snaps are being detected, and it will snap to the selected point, but the visual clue is the most useful and familiar. I have tried lots of settings but must be missing something as it works on our other machines. Any other suggestions ? (p.s. already tried switching it off and on again!)

Comments

• I have noticed the same, but I think only when I zoom to a snapped point - the marker used to show then but never does now.

A similar thing happens to me with dimensions - the grip points show on a selected dim, but if I pick a second dimension its grips do not show.

It hasn't annoyed me enough to look for a cure. It only started in the most recent revs.

• I have tried, and unfortunately failed, to reproduce what you describe. To have a chance to reproduce (and fix) this issue, it would be very helpful to record in a movie what needs to be done to reproduce the issue, or to provide a detailed description, and attach it to a Support Request, along with a small sample drawing and an export of the user profile settings.

By the way, copying the user profile settings is the easiest way to make sure you copy _all_ settings from one machine to another. Select 'User Profile Manager' from the Tools menu, highlight the current user profile and hit the Export button: a dialog comes up which allows you to save the file to your preferred location. Then copy this file to the target machine and choose Import. You probably will need to adjust the settings for the Support Path (or other path settings if they point to an unsuitable location for the target machine), but that should be all.

• Thanks Hans. Support request submitted, in the meantime the user has reverted to V9.

• Sorted (by Bricsys support). Answer was AUTOSNAP system variable - markers and tooltips can be selected independently, and of course one was switched off.

This discussion has been closed.