Print on custom paper size (10.6.3-2) not working

Hi all,

printing on custom paper size does not work for me: I've defined it in the ppd file for my DesignJet 430, restarted CUPS (on Ubuntu 10.04), restarted bricscad

- when I select it in the printing dialog, the dimensions (23x50 in) are being displayed correctly

- the print preview (I want to print in landscape mode) clips the drawing lengthwise to sth like 23x36

- the printout is landscape 1:1, but only A3-size.

When I enlarge the dimensions I'll get ridiculously long processings, but the clipping does not change. This is a real pity as bricscad is the first linux program which displays the dwgs I get correctly, but I would need to print them correctly as well ...

Oh, and before you ask, I have not only defined the PaperSize, but ImageableArea, PaperRegion and all the other stuff defined for the other paper sizes in the ppd.

Any hint?

Comments

• Have problems with printing, especially with large formats (A2). I think that have to wait another version.

• @elmer gato

I'm sure you need to set up default settings in cups. It should work.

@Eduard Werner

That is a question about philosophy BricsCAD != AutoCAD in my opinion it should print all in selected area. So you can select one or two lines to print some fragment. In case that suggest you,  user should select all lines that he want to print every time.

Economy of ink or tonner has no any sense.

• @Andrey

I think you have misunderstood me. The problem is that the printout does not honor the selected paper size and therefore it gets clipped. I cannot printout the whole drawing 1:1 although it would fit on the paper.

• Andrey & Eduard

Bricscad print items outside the selected area, and this is wrong.

Change the print setting (under Sistem --> Printers, I setup the paper size to A2), but don't work.

• Eduard Werner & elmer gato

I am misunderstood your both. I did notr use this way of print. I only print from layout.

• Andrey Didencool

I always use Layouts to print, but only sometimes need to print an specific area of a Sheet, and in this case, Bricscad print entities that are outside of the selected area, and this should not occur.

This discussion has been closed.