---

Hi All,

Time to take some doubts away.

Bricscad V10 for LINUX is at least as important for us as the Bricscad V10 for Windows. Consequently the support and services for our LINUX customers are exactly the same.

This means that the 'Bricscad V10 for LINUX' -user is able to download all the updates between two major Versions of Bricscad, free of charge. Interesting to know: the user key for Bricscad V10 for LINUX is also V11 enabled already. So if you buy now you will be able to use automatically the next major upgrade: Bricscad V11 for LINUX without additional cost. New features for Bricscad V11 Classic will be available for as well LINUX as for Windows.

Normal procedure at Bricsys is that we continuously update our software when fixes are available and/or when we think we have new features worth to give immediately to our customers. On average these updates are made available every three weeks, sometimes more frequent when needed.

Support request procedure:

If somebody discovers a bug we can only fix it if we can reproduce it. Therefore we have on our website ( at http://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/support/index.jsp ) at the left side the 'support request' button. There you can login (also if you only have a trial version) and fill in a detailed support request and attach a file that contains the problem you describe. Please read carefully the guidelines on the SR form. Each SR gets a unique ID in the system and will be handled ASAP. You'll receive an email from the system mentioning your SR number for tracking later the state of your SR. When solved, the solution is part of the next update and you will find your SR# mentioned in the 'Read Me' file made available with every new update.

Particular for LINUX:

For those who are starting with LINUX: LINUX configurations can vary substantially. For now Bricsys mentions the LINUX flavors and its versions that are supported in the product. In the very near future we will make available also a list of more details about recommended configurations containing info about e.g. graphical cards and other elements used in our testing suites. But there will always be more variety compared to Windows. Needless to say that this can influence the behavior of our product.

This forum can assist our customers to help each other and we contribute to it and monitor it for that purpose. But from now on if a real problem occurs you help us better by filling in a proper support request with an attach file so that we can reproduce and solve, rather than just mentioning it on the forum. In the latter case we feel a bit like broken-winged.

We are excited and very committed to this new Version of our technology. We’ll continue to do whatever we can to support and guide all our customers.

Thanks

Comments

• Erik,

Thank you for the clarification.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that a purchaser of the Linux Classic version will be able to download all updates and, in addition, will be able to upgrade, free of cost, to version 11 when it is released. The reason I wanted to see this clarified is that this page   http://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/bricscad/licensing.jsp   clearly indicates with a big orange X that maintenance does not come with Classic or Pro. I think of updates as 'maintenance' but you are saying different.

The difference, then, between Classic and All-In for Linux is the immediate support (next business day response) not the access to upgrades? Is that correct?

Thank you.

• The information on this post should be on the main site somewhere. Until today, when I read this, I was under the impression that once I purchased a Classic license I could only use it with the version that was available at that time, and would not have access to any upgrades or updates thereafter, so I was holding on buying it until some issues with the linux version were sorted out. This was reinforced by the fact that only the All-In version stated it provided access to all upgrades during a year.

• What is the difference between Bricscad Classic and Bricscad Classic All-in?

• @ elmer gato

A look into the eStore will tell you: Classic just gives you 1 licence. Classic All-In includes:

• 1 license.
    • 1 year of maintenance: access to all updates and upgrades during the year.
    • 1 year of technical support by email.
    • E-book (PDF file) "Customizing Bricscad" by Ralph GRABOWSKI.
  • @Normand Chamberland

The problem is that the info on the Licensing page very clearly says that Classic does NOT come with access to updates and upgrades, but De Keyser states (above) that it does. 

This page: http://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/bricscad/licensing.jsp has an orange X in the Classic column for "maintenance" and footnote 1 defines updates and upgrades as a part of maintenance

• Post # 37 in this thread ought to help clarify this : )

http://www.bricscad.com/common/support/forumthread.jsp?id=13665

• Nothing about PRO version, looks like the plan to complete a PRO version is dropped, please we need a responsible reply here.

This discussion has been closed.