Improvment of Layout menu

Hi,

I would like to offer the addition of the following 3 buttons for layers menu:
* All On  - Turn all layers on
* All off - Turn all layers off
* Invert - invert the current layer selection (all On layers will be OFF, and all OFF will turn ON).

I'm using many layers. When I need to inspect a single one, it is a nightmare to turn all OFF.

This feature goes both for Linux and Windows.

Thx,

Arie

Comments

• +1

Even with a dozen layers it can be a burden to off all but the one or two of interest.

• You wrote: "I'm using many layers. When I need to inspect a single one, it is a nightmare to turn all OFF."

This sounds exactly like what the LAYISO command does :

"Isolates layers associated with entities selected in the drawing; locks or turns off all other layers (short for "layer isolate")."

Alternatively, you could key in "LA" (to open the Layer Explorer) followed by Ctrl+A (to select all layers in the list) and then e.g. click on an ON/OFF icon in the list to turn ON/OFF all selected layers.

Selecting multiple layers from the list is easy: in the number column, press the left mouse button and drag it up or down to select a range. To select mulitple, discontinuous ranges, hold down the Shift or Ctrl key while selecting layers.

If the job at hand requires frequent switching back and forth between sets of layers that need to be switched on/off, frozen, etc... then the _LAYERSTATE command (shortcut = "LAS") could become a favorite...

• Thank you Hans, at least now I know how to do it your way and it's certianly an improvment.

I do think however that a single button  "All off" is faster...

Happy new Year.

This discussion has been closed.