Bricscad Showcase

Hi All,

The ability to attach files, and images is a fantastic addition to this forum. Thought it might be nice to see some output of what people produce using Bricscad.

Attach some images of a Water Rocket launcher that I've made for my kids. Modelling and rendering was done using V11 Platinum.

Instructions to build one for yourself are on my website.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

Comments

• This is great!
    Please send one over to play with at the Bricsys Office.
    Sander
  • Intertesting Jason and excellent stuff!

I would love to make one at home myself for my kids. Your instructions are awesome but I may still need some assistance. How do I source all the materials required? Ok, I am not talking about the bottle.. but the Union Coupling, Frame, Trigger mechanism etc

Not sure how to go about all these. Maybe, I need to do more reading or is there any more "support" you can provide?

- regards
    - rakesh rao
    http://rakeshrao.typepad.com

• Hi Rakesh,

No problem to provide Support.

Pipework.
    You should be able to get the PVC pipe, PVC fittings, PVC glue,  o-ring, and teflon tape from a plumbing merchant. Make sure you check that they are all suitable for high pressure (have a minimum rating of 15 Bar/15PN).

Frame.
    The one I made was made from some decking timber offcuts, and some offcuts of ply. You should be able to get this from a timber merchants, they my even have an offcuts bin you can go through.

Trigger.
    This is made from extruded aluminium angle, which I happened to have in my garage. You should be able to get this from a steel merchant, alternatively go to an engineering workshop. They may have something in an offcuts bin, and could cut and drill it for you.

Screws and fittings.
    These should all be available from a hardware store.

I guess half the fun is making it from what you have. There are many examples on the internet of others that may better suit what you have available.
    Failing that you could always buy one. http://www.theaquapod.com/

If you make I expect to see photos!!

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Thanks Jason for inputs.

Surely, if I make one, I will send you a picture my experiences, but I guess it is difficult for that to happen. The biggest challenge is to find the time to source everything and assemble them together.

Also, it is not always easy here to ask a fabricator to do these one-off jobs. Everyone seems to want to only do big jobs these days.

Anyway, I have not lost hope and may just venture out to do it some day.

I just wrote about this in my blog: http://rakeshrao.typepad.com

Regards
    Rakesh Rao

• Rakesh,

send me an email if you get stuck. It is possible to build simpler ones, there are plenty of examples on the internet. Mine is based on one that used just the pvc pipe. I added the frame as I found excited kids are much stronger than they look!!

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!