change object to a frozen or off layer

first i pick the object
and i want change object to a frozen or off layer , and i want auto remove the object to the section set
is there a solution ?

Comments

• If I understand your problem correctly you want a solution for the entity staying 'gripped' after changing it to a frozen layer.
    I would try also locking the frozen layer.
  • yes, is a problem ,
    the entity stay gripped after changing to a frozen layer, and when invoke  command move , you move entity involuntarily
    in autocad the selection set
    in this case is interrupted
  • Isn´t this a bug really. If you pick an object and then freeze that layer and go to move it will actually move the invisible object in the frozen layer. Same applies if you chose previous selection and some of the set is on frozen layers.  Who would want that ? It has not really troubled me but I see the possibility. Its not a desired feature in my book.

Patrik

• I agree, it certainly seems contrary to a logical expectation and more likely to produce unexpected, unwanted side-effects more than being useful. Has anyone filed a support request on it to draw attention to it?
  • It has a logic, even though it's sometimes undesirable -  if you change their layer then change your mind, you can while they remain selected.

If entities have their layer changed, they can't do much other than become the 'previous' set.

If their 'previous' standing was cancelled because their new layer is frozen, that would not be very helpful.

• The fact that entities stay gripped after having been changed to a frozen layer is too confusing and should be fixed. I am assuming that Roberto has sent in a support request...
  • yes i I have sent a request for support
    the answer is :
    I confirm the problem. It has been scheduled to fix.

• This isn't the 1st time this has happened. Also occurred several releases ago, but was fixed pretty quickly. Made me a bit nuts for awhile, but since I usually have the properties window open most times, it was pretty obvious that changed elements were retained in the selection set.

Also must say how pleased I am with Bricscad's forward movement, particularly direct modeling.

Cheers,
    Greg
  • wow !!!
    Bricsys fix in 12.2.7
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.