Comparison of settings between drawings

Hi,
I would like to compare the settings between 2 drawings to determine, for example, what has been changed (perhaps accidentally). I know I can force all the settings from a "good" drawing onto a "bad" one, but it would be better to get to the real cause.
I have tried exporting the settings to a CSV file and comparing (using winmerge) but it is cumbersome. Any better idea or utility?

Comments

•  Hi Roger,

I use some freeware called ExamDiff.  It has proved invaluable in helping me to ferret out that "rogue" setting difference between two drawings many a time.

Dan 
  • Thanks Dan,
    I tried ExamDiff and especially like the facility to only view the differences, but I think I will stick with winmerge as it looks nicer on the screen.
    I have found one setting causing me a problem, now trying to track another one down. Would be very difficult to do this manually unless you had a very deep knowledge of all the SETVAR stuff (which I don't). Would be even better to have it integrated with Bricscad!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!