FLATSHOT command and Perspective Mode ???

The Flatshot command in ACAD takes into account the perspective mode and the
resulting Block displays all selected solids in perspective mode !
This does not seem to be the case in Bricscad... do i miss something ?
If this is the case, are there any plans to include this functionality in the near future ??

Comments

• It's even better than in AutoCAD - You have more control and options! No problem with perspective shots!

image2012-08-12_093037.jpg
    image2012-08-12_093113.jpg
  • Hi Resto,
    i mean perspective mode ON,   NOT parallel display mode (isometric)
    Just type the command Perspective in the command line and make sure it is ON !

: perspective
    New current value for PERSPECTIVE (Off or On) :

then try again to flatshot,  do you see the perspective display of the objects in the
    flatshot-block ??????

• I see - my mistake! The shots are always parallel.
  • @ Konstantin,

You could try using _WMFOUT to export your perspective view to a WMF file, then use _IMPORT to import the WMF back in as a block. Seemed to work ok for me (see wmf example attached). For best results I set my perspective view up in a paperspace viewport, focused on just what I wanted to export. You do have to clean the object up after import to remove any unwanted hidden lines.

An alternative method would be to print the perspective view out to an image, then insert that image back into your drawing.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

WMFPerspective.wmf

• Hi Jason,
    thanks for the workaround !
    It is "painfull" though to remove hidden lines, if you have to do it frequently for many hidden lines...
    Hopefully the feature comes with the Bricscad V13x  ????

best Regards
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!