NVIDIA GeForce GT630M

Hi,

I send one Support Request to Bricscad but also want to ask the Forum:

I would like to buy a Laptop with the video card NVIDIA GeForce GT630M with 1 GB. I cannot find  this video card in the supported GPU (graphic processing unit) list.

There are only NVIDIA chipsets

GeForce 8 Series
GeForce 9 Series
GeForce GTX Series

This chipsets seems to be used in desktop computers. What should I do, when I want to have laptop?

Are there any experiences?

Thanks

Mustafa Kocatürk
below software GmbH

Comments

• ..What should I do, when I want to have laptop?

Hi Mustafa

I cannot speak for your laptop's NVIDIA card, but I can tell you that (when I am out of town on business) I run BricsCAD v12 on my puny netbook without issue:
    Intel Atom Processor N455 w/ integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 w/ 0MB-250MB shared graphics memory

• Hi Robt Deans, yes Bricscad is running also on my old laptop until I change into the 3D Mode to draw some 3D-Objekts. In this moment the drawing area is getting dark. Also pan and zoom will be very very slow. It is not possible to work. When I change back to the 2D Mode everything is working.

• I just bought an Asus laptop with a GTX660M and it works very  well. I think the GT630M is in the same product family so it 'might' work.  IMHO you ought to check the return policy just in case.  

Also there is a note in the knowledge base to check here too  : )

A detailed overview can be found here: http://www.redway3d.com/pages/GPUList.php

• Hi together, Hi Robt, Hi Daniel,
    now I have bought seven Asus X93SM Laptop with 18,4“ (Huge machine!) The NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M with 1 GB is doing a very good job.
    Everything is functioning ;-)
  • Hi Mustafa,

I see you are using Bricscad on a similar setup as I am (Dell XPS L502X - i7-2670QM / GT-540M). I believe your setup also uses Nvidia Optimus technology ie Intel HD graphics for powersaving, Nvidia Grpahics for enhanced video and 3D graphics display.

When you are running Bricscad, does it utilise the Nvidia Grpahics or the less powerful Intel HD graphics?
This discussion has been closed.