MText Dialogue Box Position

Just wondering if it is possible to adjust the location of the mtext dialogue box - I did try fiddling with the registry values, but they didn't seem to have an effect...

The reason that I ask, in V12.2.17, if you have an mtext object centred on your screen, double click the mtext object the dialogue appears centred on the application window, which is directly on top of the text object - which means you either need to pan or move the dialogue box to see what you are typing.  I know it is a little thing, but it is one more step to complete.  It's a thought but it would be great if the dialogue remained centred in the screen but was extended to include a text box that you can type into (as opposed to directly editing the text on the screen) - that way you don't have to worry about where the text is and zooming/panning to make it visible.  I just played with AutoCAD 2009 and noticed that their Mtext editor is pretty funky to use when the text entity is not completely in view...

Comments

• I have just noticed that, if the main program window is on the primary monitor, everything seems to work properly; the mtext dialogue moves above the text object, however when running Bricscad on a secondary monitor, the dialogue is placed on top of the text and forced to the centre of the screen.  Has anyone else noticed this, or is my computer acting up?
  • Curious, I've noticed the same thing and found it mildly annoying.
    To verify I tried an Edit on MTEXT on my laptop here (I'm out of town), and no problem!
    When I get home I'll try it on the workstation, and yes, like you, I run Bricscad on my larger second monitor.

• ^^Your right, its not as "dual monitor" friendly as it could be

imageCapture.PNG
  • I've tried to signal this quite a long time ago. I got the same problem but the devs answered me that they cannot reproduce. I guess they have worked on the primary mornitor where everything works fine. This thing is pretty annoying when you have to edit a lot of texts.

Please adjust the editor for proper use with a secondary mornitor!

• I've tried to signal this quite a long time ago. I got the same problem but the devs answered me that they cannot reproduce. I guess they have worked on the primary mornitor where everything works fine. This thing is pretty annoying when you have to edit a lot of texts.

Please adjust the editor for proper use with a secondary mornitor!

• ... when running Bricscad on a secondary monitor, the dialogue is placed on top of the text...
    I can confirm this pesky behavior. Thanks nevertheless, in that I never (until now) associated it with my second monitor.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!