Bricscad v12.1 doesn't work in Opensuse 11.4 - 64 bits

Hello everybody,

I have a problem. I tried to install Bricscad v12.1 in my Opensuse 11.4 - 64 bits, but the program doesn't start.
I have installed the additional packages. Some of them it's OK, but there are any packages that have other version in my operation system: libgcc44 -> Opensuse 11.4/64bits has libgcc45
libjpeg -> Opensuse 11.4/64bits has libjpeg-turbo, -62 or -8
libstdc++44 -> Opensuse has libstdc++45 or 33
gtk2 -> Opensuse has gtk or gtk2-branding-openSUSE or gtk3
freetype2 -> Opensuse has freetype or freetype6

What can I do??
Thank you very much.

Comments

• Well, I've been running BricsCAD 12.2.16 in openSUSE 11.4 64-bit without issues sisce it was released (actually, since BricsCAD 11.x or so).

I'd guess you have not installed ALL required packages, including the -32 bit compatibility ones.

The easiest way to check this is to run BricsCAD from a terminal, and see what error messages it gives.
  • Yes, I installed all required packages (including the -32bit compatibility ones)
    You can see the lines when I tried reinstall the required packages from the commnand lines:

linux-2ecs:/home/elibert/Escriptori # zypper install libexpat1-32bit libgcc44-32bit libjpeg-32bit libpng12-0-32bit libstdc++44-32bit libqt4-x11-32bit cups-libs-32bit gtk2-32bit freetype2-32bit

Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    'libpng12-0-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libpng12-0-32bit-1.2.49-16.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'gtk2-32bit' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    'libgtk-2_0-0-32bit' providing 'gtk2-32bit' is already installed.
    'libqt4-x11-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libqt4-x11-32bit-4.7.1-8.17.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libexpat1-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libexpat1-32bit-2.0.1-102.108.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'cups-libs-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'cups-libs-32bit-1.4.6-7.8.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'freetype2-32bit' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    'libfreetype6-32bit' providing 'freetype2-32bit' is already installed.
    'libgcc44-32bit' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libgcc44-32bit' found.
    'libjpeg-32bit' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libjpeg-32bit' found.
    'libstdc++44-32bit' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libstdc++44-32bit' found.
    Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.

And, when I start bricscad from the commnad line, it says:

linux-2ecs:/home/elibert/Escriptori # cd /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12
    linux-2ecs:/opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12 # LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./bricscad
    ./bricscad: error while loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do you know what happened?

Thank you very much.
    Regards.

•  I have had this problem running other software on a Debian system. It was caused by a missing glu-mesa or glut library. I can't remember which one, but I wrote it down somewhere for future reference so if I can find it again I will post details here.

Also, if  libGLU.so  is installed with a different version number, it may need symlinking to libGLU.so.1
  • Hello Albert,

I believe you need to install Mesa-32bit
  • Yes, I've solved the problem. I installed the package libGLU,so , and BricsCAD started perfectly.

Thank you very much, especialy to Bruno Limer, Steve Cole and Stalislav Pavlica for your helpfuly work !
    Regards to all people !
This discussion has been closed.