Use PolyFaceMesh for 3D objects ??

Is it possible to use PolyFaceMesh when drwing 3D parts in stead of 3D Solid's? Is there a command og menu entry to do so?

I have not found any - but the in help i can find the subject.

It is to eliminate mistakes in another program using the 3D objects I am drawing.

Comments

• You should definitely not try to create 3d-geometry as meshes (unless BricsCAD's solid modeling capabilities do not allow you to create it, e.g. freeform surfaces), since you would loose most editing functionality and the possibility to create 2d-drawings from the model.

However, you may want to create meshes from your models for exporting to other software. This can be achieved by setting CLIPBOARDFORMAT to r12 and copy/pasting the geometry. Have a look at Settings>Program Options>Modeler to fine tune the density of the meshes.
  • Dear Svend
    Commands to create 3D mesh geometry sit on the MESHES toolbar. Command names all start with Ai_ Please find the description of these commands in the BricsCAD Help under A/Ai_...
  • Thanks for both information.

I will try your suggestion out.

• There are third party software  that can help you out.

You can use the ones from Sycode (I haven't tried them out because they demand an initial fee just for a tryout.), or others, such as Automesher (from Automapki: http://www.automapki.com/products.html). It works within Bricscad or as a stand-alone program. We can export our solids and faces to 3DS and to a number of other formats. The only setback I found, which they said they would fix in the nest release, is that you have to export each layer separately if you need different meshes in; otherwise, it makes a single object - at least when importing into Blender
    Automesher also converts meshes to solids and vice-versa

This discussion has been closed.