"Vector PDF"

Hi all - I'm working on a project in Santa Monica, California and they require that plans be submitted electronically in "Vector PDF" format. I've never heard the distinction "vector" applied to PDFs before. Is a "vector PDF" different than a PDF and if it is, does Bricscad support it?

The city uses a system called ProjectDox, which is only documented for Windows Explorer on MS Windows systems. I figure I'll be able to make it work somehow but am pissed that I'll have to spend the time to figure it out. Does anyone have experience with this system and wisdom to share?

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

PS - if anyone's interested in finding out more about this setup, here's the city's faq. http://www.smgov.net/Departments/Building_and_Safety/Plan_Check/ePlan_FAQs.aspx

Comments

•  if you will use cup-pdf or save as pdf you give vector pdf.

Basically pdf is naturally vector format that can embed raster images, but some people use it to contain only raster images with zero vector information.  This type of files people start to call "raster pdf".

• Thanks Andrey. I did a little research on it last night and came to the answer you offered. Glad to have it confirmed. Your explanation that "pdf is naturally vector format that can embed raster images" is the simplest (best) explanation I've seen. 
  •  You welcome, John!
    All glory to God...
    -- 
    Regards
    Andrey
This discussion has been closed.