bricscad & opensuse 12.3

Hi, this days opensuse 12.3 is out. I installed opensuse 12.3 with new installation. And found some new problems with running bricscad.
openSUSE 12.3 has no libgnutls26 package for now (at least at this time) so I made a link to libgnutls.so.28.11.3

[code]> LANG=en_EN.UTF8 ls -l /usr/lib/libgnutls*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      20 Mar 17 13:11 /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26 -> libgnutls.so.28.11.3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      20 Mar 17 13:07 /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.28 -> libgnutls.so.28.11.3
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1065732 Feb 14 22:50 /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.28.11.3[/code]

install some libs that was required, and finally get squares in letters places.

the output is

[code]> LANG=en_EN.UTF8 bricscadv13

(process:30290): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

(process:30290): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(bricscad:30290): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",

(bricscad:30290): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(bricscad:30290): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='latin'

(bricscad:30290): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_window_present_with_time: assertion `GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(bricscad:30290): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_window_present_with_time: assertion `GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(bricscad:30290): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='common'

(bricscad:30290): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `object->ref_count > 0' failed
[/code]

smaple what I mean about squares
another sample

Comments

•  I have no idea how to fix this, can somebody help me with this. And that was english version on x86-64 system.

• Are you running from the command line ?

From Bricscad (Linux) on 64bit linux systems

"Running bricscad from command line yields more feedback about startup failures. If the problem persists even though all required libraries are found, please run bricscad from the command line to review the command line output.
    To do so, open a terminal and enter:
    cd /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v11
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./bricscad

The missing libraries can be listed by using ldd in the bricscad installation folder.
    To do so, open a terminal and enter:
    cd /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v11/
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd -r ./bricscad | grep "not found"
    The libraries that are not found, need to be installed in addition to the bricscad rpm."

•  thank you, Brian.
    I ran as you suggested
    [code]> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd -r ./bricscad | grep "not found"
    symbol gnutls_transport_set_lowat, version GNUTLS_1_4 not defined in file libgnutls.so.26 with link time reference      (./libcurl.so.4)
    # LANG=en_EN.UTF8 zypper se libgnutls28
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...

S | Name              | Summary                                  | Type   
    --+-------------------+------------------------------------------+--------
    i | libgnutls28       | The GNU Transport Layer Security Library | package
    i | libgnutls28-32bit | The GNU Transport Layer Security Library | package
    #
    # ls -l /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 мар 17 13:11 /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26 -> libgnutls.so.28.11.3
    [/code]

• What is the output of the log when you do this ?

cd /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v11 (insert your version)
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./bricscad

NB I had a similar problem a while back -----

I suspect it was a Unicode font problem.
  • Hello Andrey,

The two versions of libgnutls are incompatible, so installing libgnutls.26 is needed. Please check out KnowledgeBase:317 on how to do this and for other recommended post installation steps (this page is also linked from the download page). It should be noted that Linux installers, either DEB or RPM, have limited support for different platforms/library versions in the same package and that is why the aforementioned page is needed.

We will probably switch to libgnutls.28 after April (2013) when support for Ubuntu 10.04 through 11.10 will expire. Ubuntu 12.04 will become then the oldest supported platform. A similar approach for Fedora/OpenSUSE will follow, depending on how support is dropped by their respective developers.

Please file a support request for the second issue: "squares" are shown instead of letters. This has been solved by the installer for the older OpenSUSE versions but it seems another incompatibility has arisen.

Best regards,
    Alexandru Branescu.
  • This is how it worked out for me after upgrading to OpenSuse 12.3

Package to be installed
    BricsCAD-V13.1.19-1-en_US.rpm

Naturally zypper complains that libgnutls26-32bit is required but is not available.

Problem: nothing provides libgnutls.so.26 needed by bricscadv13-13.1.19-1.i386
     Solution 1: do not install bricscadv13-13.1.19-1.i386
     Solution 2: break bricscadv13-13.1.19-1.i386 by ignoring some of its dependencies

====================================

I did a manual search and downloaded this one.............an earlier version.
    ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/opensuse/update/11.4/rpm/x86_64/libgnutls26-32bit-2.8.6-5.8.1.x86_64.rpm

When attempting to install libgnutls26, zypper says it requires libtasn1-3-32bit
    This page provides a link

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/18501834/dir/opensuse_12.x/com/libtasn1-3-32bit-2.2-15.1.2.x86_64.rpm.html

The install then proceeded.

zypper install libgnutls26-32bit-2.8.6-5.8.1.x86_64.rpm libtasn1-3-32bit-2.2-15.1.2.x86_64.rpm
    Failed to mount cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-PIONEER_DVR-213NP on /var/adm/mount/AP_0xSmFqEY: Mounting media failed (mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0)

Please insert medium [] #1 and type 'y' to continue or 'n' to cancel the operation. [yes/no] (no):
    Error building the cache:
    [|] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
    Warning: Disabling repository 'openSUSE-12.3-1.7' because of the above error.
    Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW packages are going to be installed:
      libgcrypt11-32bit libgnutls26-32bit libgpg-error0-32bit libtasn1-3-32bit

4 new packages to install.
    Overall download size: 491.7 KiB. After the operation, additional 1.3 MiB will be used.
    Continue? [y/n/?] (y):
    Retrieving package libtasn1-3-32bit-2.2-15.1.2.x86_64                                                                                                                                                   (1/4),  35.0 KiB ( 65.7 KiB unpacked)
    Retrieving package libgpg-error0-32bit-1.10-9.1.1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                (2/4),   9.6 KiB ( 13.4 KiB unpacked)
    Retrieving: libgpg-error0-32bit-1.10-9.1.1.x86_64.rpm .................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Retrieving package libgcrypt11-32bit-1.5.0-12.1.1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                (3/4), 212.3 KiB (533.0 KiB unpacked)
    Retrieving: libgcrypt11-32bit-1.5.0-12.1.1.x86_64.rpm ...................................................................................................................................................................[done (209.9 KiB/s)]
    Retrieving package libgnutls26-32bit-2.8.6-5.8.1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                 (4/4), 234.9 KiB (713.7 KiB unpacked)
    Retrieving package libtasn1-3-32bit-2.2-15.1.2.x86_64                                                                                                                                                   (1/4),  35.0 KiB ( 65.7 KiB unpacked)
    (1/4) Installing: libtasn1-3-32bit-2.2-15.1.2 .........................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    (2/4) Installing: libgpg-error0-32bit-1.10-9.1.1 ......................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    (3/4) Installing: libgcrypt11-32bit-1.5.0-12.1.1 ......................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Retrieving package libgnutls26-32bit-2.8.6-5.8.1.x86_64                                                                                                                                                 (2/4), 234.9 KiB (713.7 KiB unpacked)
    (4/4) Installing: libgnutls26-32bit-2.8.6-5.8.1 .......................................................................................................................................................................................[done]

==========================

Following the install of libgnutls, Bricscad 3.1.19 was able to be installed.

zypper install BricsCAD-V13.1.19-1-en_US.rpm
    Failed to mount cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-PIONEER_DVR-213NP on /var/adm/mount/AP_0xindnog: Mounting media failed (mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0)

Please insert medium [] #1 and type 'y' to continue or 'n' to cancel the operation. [yes/no] (no):
    Error building the cache:
    [|] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
    Warning: Disabling repository 'openSUSE-12.3-1.7' because of the above error.
    Resolving package dependencies...

The following package is going to be upgraded:
      bricscadv13

1 package to upgrade.
    Overall download size: 101.3 MiB. After the operation, additional 22.9 MiB will be used.
    Continue? [y/n/?] (y):
    Retrieving package bricscadv13-13.1.19-1.i386                                                                                                                                                           (1/1), 101.3 MiB (289.7 MiB unpacked)
    Retrieving package bricscadv13-13.1.19-1.i386                                                                                                                                                           (1/1), 101.3 MiB (289.7 MiB unpacked)
    (1/1) Installing: bricscadv13-13.1.19-1 ...............................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    There are some running programs that use files deleted by recent upgrade. You may wish to restart some of them. Run 'zypper ps' to list these programs.

Note - in this case when zypper says it is "Retrieving" a package, is is simply using the Bricscad rpm in the local folder.

I am still testing this on OpenSuse 12.3, your mileage may vary.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!