Publish to PDF???

How do you publish to pdf? Do you have to go into each drawing beforehand and change the printer configuration? Got to be an easier way. So far really like the updates.

Comments

• Still no answer on this? Upgraded to V13 but still no PDF option inside the dialog. Is there some setting I'm missing here? Currently I'm using a lisp routine for this but it's cumbersome at best because it's hit or miss on the plot orientation. May have to break down and buy a 3rd party app I guess.
  • Perhaps "File" dropdown -> "Export" -> select "pdf"  as file type.
  •  Google and download "PDF995" its free. When you download it next time you hit print from the 'file/print when the print window appears in the printer/plotter config tab 'PDF995' will be there select it and your way
  • We use a PDF writer as the printer for all layouts, with paper size as for the final print.
    Then we can make a PDF set at any time, using the Publish command, and we or anyone to whom we send the PDF file can either view it on screen or easily make prints on any size paper.
  • Ok, still having trouble with the publish command. I created some new page setups in a template dwg file and attempted to import one of them into a list in publish but nothing happened. What am I missing here? I figured all you had to do was click import and open the template file where the page setups are and presto! Not! Maybe I'm just too "old school" for this. 
  • Tools > Drawing Explorer > Page Setups
    (or right-click on the layout tab and select "Page setup...")
    Pick a layout, right-click on its name and select "Edit Page setup..."
    When you've done the first page setup, you can copy it to another layout by using the pull-down list in the "Based on" column of the target layout.

You can import a layout from another file, both its contents and its page setup, by right-clicking on any layout tab and selecting "From template..." That creates a new layout cloned from the one you select.

It looks like they're planning to add some additional features to the Publish command -- the import command you tried, and maybe an option to override the printer specified in the page setups. But it's not there yet.
This discussion has been closed.