CAD on Android tablet

I posted this on Windows forum but it was suggested I post here.

I know this isn't Bricscad related, but wonder if others have any recommendations for an Android CAD app that works and interfaces well with Bricscad.
I have a Samsung Note 10.1 that has a stylus which works extremely well with apps that are purpose written.

I'm not looking for complicated entry, but an App that is useful and reads dwg's and can be edited and saved as dwg.

I found a neat house plan app in my looking, but that is limited to just that and not other Cad work.

regards
Richard

Comments

• Have you tried the AutoCad 360 app?

I havn't tried it on Andriod, but on IOS, if I try to open a dwg, it will ask if I want to open in the AutoCad app & also save it to the cloud.
  • No I haven't tried AutoCad 360.
    I tend away from AutoCad (reason I'm with Bricscad).
    I have DWGSee but that has its issues (Red Screen) and its only a viewer.

I was curious what (if) others use and their experiences.
    There are a few for Android with differing reviews.
    I'm not really interested in Cloud based data either. So that's not important to me.
  • Richard, if you don't want do use autocad ws you could give AndCAD a look
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.talondesigns.andcad_lite&hl=de

i use it sometimes with 2D drawings. The problem i see with autocad ws is, that it works
    imho as a cloud which loads the drawings to the autocad server and i don't want to share
    my drawings with Autodesk ;)

Another interesting app is the 3D Rendersoftware named blender, there is a beta in the
    www for testing.
  • I looked at those and there are mixed comments.
    AndCad hasn't seen much development.
    That's always a concern.
    I installed GstarCad demo but was not overly impressed.
    Will giveAndCad a try.
    I was/ am hoping Bricscad might jump into the development area.
    The Samsung Note 10.1 with stylus could make an interesting experience. 
    Apps written with that in mind certainly work very well. 

This discussion has been closed.