anti-aliasing don't work for text on Linux?

Hi,

I usually use bricscad on windows and it's work very fine. I would like to change my OS for working and I try bricscad on Linux. It's very fine exept I think there is no anti-aliasing on texts (in model or when export to pdf).

I join a screenshot of 2 pdf (left = export briscad on windows, and right = export bricsad on linux with same font).

Does anybody knows how can I resolve this little problem?

Thank you very much,
Laurent

Comments

• Hi Laurent,  I am no expert but I suspect that you are using Arial which being a Microsoft proprietary font is not good on Linux - especially if you have not installed it (in Ubuntu in the Software Centre). 

Type in "Style" in the BricsCAD command bar and you will see your options for the Font Name show up.  Set one that works as the "Standard" font.  I like isocp.shx or romans.shx as they are clean.  Arial is not a clean font on my screen either, despite having installed it. 

• Anti-aliasing is not available for the GRAPHSCR on Windows either (if that is what you mean). But I have no trouble with anti-aliasing in an exported PDF. Maybe you should check your export options. Or perhaps it is a font issue.
  • Looks as if in the left (windows) example, text has been exported as ttf, and in the right (linux) example as geometry.

This is controlled by two variables:
    PdfTtfTextasGeometry - found in the export section of the settings
    TTFASTEXT - found in the User Preferences section of the settings
    (IMO PdfTtfTextasGeometry should be removed)

The problem on Linux is that up to v13.1.19, TTFASTEXT did not work, and PdfTtfTextasGeometry needed to be turned on for pdf export, or truetype fonts were completely omitted from file output.  I did not have the time (nor much motivation) to test thoroughly on 13.2.11 yet, but a quick try indicated that TTF export is now basically working, but there seem to be font scaling issues that (at least for me) make this badly needed feature still unusable.
This discussion has been closed.