Change to "recent files" list?

Is it just me:- "recent files" now seems to present the list in order of "last opened", rather than "last closed". This means for me, having opened 20 or 30 files, the ones I have really been working on all day disappear from the list.
I would prefer it the other way, as it was, or am I dreaming?
The "recent items" in the file open dialog is equally useless - I wish we could customise the whole LH sidebar by dropping favourites on there.
Version 13.2.9 on win7 currently in use.

Comments

• I knew the order had become weird, I hadn't realised it was last opened.

Just that the file I want is now usually somewhere down the list.

As well as having to now pick Recent off the Files menu, I agree opening a recent file has become annoying.

• It is possible to make some changes to the left pane in the open dialog.  In Settings find the Places Bar item. 

One thing not in the documentation is that duplicates get ignored.  I have all four entries set to "My Computer" so all that shows in the Places Bar is My Computer and the default drawings path.
  • I forgot to mention that this is for the "non-standard" file open dialog.  Uncheck the "Use standard open file dialog" in Settings to make this work.
  • Yes I think I knew about the open file dialog options, but you cannot set your own favourites there (server locations etc) so it is no good for me. I think it should be customisable.
    Main gripe was about recent files list though. Glad I'm not cracking up!
  • I make shortcuts to any server folders I'm currently using, and put them on the Desktop.
    The Open File dialog has the Desktop icon at the top left.
    When I select it, it shows only the folders, dwg files (none in my case), and shortcuts on the Desktop.
    So with two quick clicks I'm in any folder I need.
  • One of the problems with win7 is that it tidies up your desktop and removes "broken" links i.e. those on a remote server. To combat this we routinely put these links into their own desktop folder. Although this is a workaround for long paths, it doesn't give much of a speed increase day-to-day hence my original reliance on recent files.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!