Multileader system variables

Hi

I think that bricsys is going to be sorry that they sold me these licenses with all of these questions.  :o

But until then here is another one.  Can anyone give me a listing of the system variables that the mleaderstyle settings dialog box controls?   Some of my users would like to use mleader but it obviously does not use the same system variables that i control using dimstyle. 

We do all of our annotation in model space so it is important to be able to easily vary the arrow size, text height..... etc.  I use a lisp routine and dialog box for this and would like to add the mleader variables to that routine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug

Comments

• Dear Doug,

from settings dialog, selecting each option shows the informational text at the bottom -
    there you can see the name of associated system variable resp. environemnt variable, to be set by its name in commandline,
    or by (setvar) resp. (setenv), when in application code.

I hope this helps ?
    Many greetings !
  • @Torsten, As far as I can see Multileader settings haven't been exposed as a system variable in BricsCAD. For consistency it would be nice if they were.

@Doug,
    Multileader settings are separate, and as far as I'm aware have no relationship to leader variables set as part of a Dimension Style. I don't have an explanation as to why this, other than it is like this in AutoCAD too. None of the multileader style settings are exposed as system variables, and you can't run MLEADERSTYLE from the commandline. This rules out configuring a multileader style using a script, unless you're prepared to use some LISP. This post here has discussion on setting up an mleader style using some LISP.
    http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2007-2008-2009-DWG/Making-mleader-style-with-script-file/td-p/1932085

Alternatively you could create a block which contains a copy a multileader set to your style. You could place this block on a toolpalette and set it to explode on insertion. Not that elegant, but it would work.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• The Lisp code in Jason's link is for leaders and not for multileaders. For multileaders you also have to dig around in dictionaries:
    [code](dictsearch
      (cdr (assoc -1 (dictsearch (namedobjdict) "ACAD_MLEADERSTYLE")))
      "Standard" ; Multileader style name.
    )[/code]
This discussion has been closed.