HOWTO: BricsCAD 13 in openSUSE 13.1 64 bits

I finally found some time to install oS 13.1 x86_64 on a Netbook with ATI graphics and SSD drive.

Getting BricsCAD Pro 13.2.16 to install was easier than I thought after reading the OpenSUSE KB here: https://www.bricsys.com/common/knowledge/topic.jsp?id=317 , I just had to remember that BricsCAD require the -32bit compatibility versions of the 64-bit libs. So, what I did was:

1) Install BricsCAD RPM from Yast, that will pull in a couple dozen -32 libs. This can be done with zipper too, for those used to it (I'm not).

2) Download (or do the 1-click install) from OpenSUSE software site the two following libs, easily found with the download site software search - remember to change the options to include development packages:

libgnutls26-32bit-2.8.6-5.27.1.x86_64.rpm  - search for libgnutls26-32 and download (or 1-click install) the 64-bit package from Ximi1970's OpenSUSE 12.2 repo
libtasn1-3-32bit-2.12-2.2.2.x86_64.rpm - again, search for libtasn1-3-32 and download (or 1-click install) the 64-bit package from the official OpenSUSE 12.2 repo

I used the 12.2 repos since there's no 13.1 packages yet, and probably there won't be. I didn't try the factory packages but the'd probably work too.

Of course, you could just download the three packages (BricsCAD and the two libs), put them in a folder and set it as a RPM repo in Yast, then install everything in one pass.

Then I started BricsCAD, entered the Pro key and tested by opening, editing and saving a 2D work drawing as a new file, without problems.

In the next weeks I'll post in case of problems. If I don't is because there were no relevant issues.

I hope the above may help someone.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!