Trying to install bricascadv13 - there is no x86_64 version for ubuntu?

Tried the force 32bit but get a tone of dependency errors.

/lib32/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found
/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found

Still running ubuntu 10.04 x86_64 (I know I know)

v12 works.

Comments

•  This installs without issues and runs on my x86_64 Linux Mint 15 (based on Ubuntu 13.10) Cinnamon flavored computer:

bricscad linux download choices

•  Oh - sorry - I didn't see that you were still on Ubuntu 10. Don't know if this will work or not.
  • Sorry, BricsCAD (Linux) V13 cannot run on Ubuntu 10.04.  BricsCAD (Linux) V13 is built on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, so that is the minimum requirement.

From our knowledge base article "What are the BricsCAD minimum system requirements?":
    "BricsCAD (Linux) is built on the oldest Ubuntu LTS that is supported for the desktop.  For instance, at time of writing (2012/04), Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is the oldest Ubuntu LTS that is still supported for the desktop. In practice, BricsCAD (Linux) can run on almost any distribution that is newer than Ubuntu 10.04."
    http://www.bricsys.com/common/knowledge/topic.jsp?id=65
    The example in the knowledge base article still mentions 10.04 LTS, but meanwhile it is no longer officially supported by Canonical.

The first V14 beta is in preparation.  It is a matter of days before it can be published. The 64 bit version of V14 will contain 64 bit binaries, whereas for V13 the installer for 64bit systems contained 32 bit binaries.
  • The first V14 beta is in preparation.  It is a matter of days before it can be published. The 64 bit version of V14 will contain 64 bit binaries.

Great, :)
    A year ago or so i tried trying V12 and had problem it being 32 bit, plus Redsdk not working on the graphic card i had.
    Yesterday i tried V13.2.16-1 on Mageia4 (beta2) 64 bit. After downloading two missing packages it did not compalin on missing packages, but segfaults immediately.  GDB tells that to get better trace i should install bricscadv13-debuginfo.  Where can i find that?

But i believe we better just wait for V14 64 bit instead of you and me wasting time on old version...
    -Maybe it is a good idea for you to ship V14 with a debuginfo file!

• Try something like this first

cd /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v13

then check the output of

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./bricscad

This will most probably inform you of a missing 32bit library.

It works for me on Rosa 2012 R1, but some hacks may be necessary.
  • Sorry, BricsCAD (Linux) V13 cannot run on Ubuntu 10.04.  BricsCAD (Linux) V13 is built on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, so that is the minimum requirement.

From our knowledge base article "What are the BricsCAD minimum system requirements?":
    "BricsCAD (Linux) is built on the oldest Ubuntu LTS that is supported for the desktop.  For instance, at time of writing (2012/04), Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is the oldest Ubuntu LTS that is still supported for the desktop. In practice, BricsCAD (Linux) can run on almost any distribution that is newer than Ubuntu 10.04."
    http://www.bricsys.com/common/knowledge/topic.jsp?id=65
    The example in the knowledge base article still mentions 10.04 LTS, but meanwhile it is no longer officially supported by Canonical.

The first V14 beta is in preparation.  It is a matter of days before it can be published. The 64 bit version of V14 will contain 64 bit binaries, whereas for V13 the installer for 64bit systems contained 32 bit binaries.

I really did get  ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS amd64  , I never thought I would do this and i did install that. =8-|
    I installes Bricscadv13 also. Carefully.
    The only thing I do get is:
    /usr/bin/bricscadv13
    /usr/bin/bricscadv13: 4: exec: /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v13/bricscad: not found
    cd /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v13
    ls -lisa | less
    428870   384 -rwxr-xr-x 1 yx yx   390296 Sep 30 18:15 bricscad
    428754     4 -rwxr-xr-x 1 yx yx      172 Sep 30 18:15 bricscad.sh
    Well, and now?

Thanks for reading this :-)

• cd /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v13

then check the output of

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./bricscad

It only say segmentation fault.
  • Morgan, this is how you might get to know why it fails: http://www.bricsys.com/common/knowledge/topic.jsp?id=321
This discussion has been closed.