Turn off auto raise

I'm running version 12.1.16 on Fedora 14 (with Gnome desktop).  I have focus follows mouse enabled (select window when mouse moves over them), but I do not have raise selected window after an interval enabled.  This works great for every application except one: bricscad.  ANytime I move the mouse over the bricscad window it raises to the top - quite annoying.  If I disable focus follows mouse, it doesn't happen, but then I have to click the window and it raises so that's not a win.

Does anyone know how to keep that from happening?

Robert

Comments

•  I do not know why it steals focus and also find it an annoying behavior. Thanks for raising the issue.

• If this problem was only related to FocusFollowsMouse, I wouldn't really mind... but it is much more widespread.

I'm using openbox on ubuntu 12.04 and debian, and the behavior of bricscad's main window is completely erratic, autoraising whenever the cursor enters the graphics area (also with click to focus), and often ignoring attempts to minimize.
    Unity and gnome desktops seem to suffer equally, but gnome classic with no effects and unity 2d somewhat less.
    This is one of the bugs that kept me from upgrading to v12 - I filed a SR for this in March, but unfortunately, the latest v13 beta still has it.
    Seems difficult to track down, maybe it would help if everybody who experiences this tells about it and the OS/desktop/mouse settings involved.

I'm evaluating v13 at the moment, and for the time being my only solution is to move bricscad onto a workspace of its own.
  • Hello guys, thanks for mentioning this again.  I agree it is a painful issue.

In fact I did check this issue on my machine before publishing the first V13 beta.
    I could not reproduce it, hence no further steps were taken.
    We will have another look at this issue.

Kind Regards
    Tijs
  • can confirm the behaviour on Fedora 18. The mouse follow focus is on but window autoraise is off, nevertheless the bricscad window pops up to the foreground whenever the cursor enters the graphical area.
  • Confirming this issue - Bricscad steals focus and auto-raises on mouse-over, regardless of OpenBox focus setting.
    I tried Bricscad version 13.1.14, build id 41822, rev 28381 on Lubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-Bit and version 13..11 revision 30571 on Lubuntu 13.10 64-Bit, same focus steal/auto-raise behavior with both.

• No issues here with openSUSE 12.3/KDE4.11.
  • @ Philip:
    the 13.2 series does not suffer from this anymore, what is your reason for sticking to these old builds instead of using the current one (13.2.17)?
This discussion has been closed.