Mechanical browser is working in v14.1.15 - tip if it do not for you

-but if you have run elder betas, you need to remove ~/.bricscad/config for it to work.
(probably there is a less intrusive way, but this is what i did)

Comments

• Nice - the procedure creating a solid appears to be....set the length, then double click on the profile and it appears in your workspace.

•  That does work, though the preview window is garbled.
  • -but if you have run elder betas, you need to remove ~/.bricscad/config for it to work.
    (probably there is a less intrusive way, but this is what i did)

No need to remove your config files. Just copy the folders under /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v14/UserDataCache/Support/en_US/ to the corresponding user's folder, ~/Bricsys/BricsCAD/V14x64/en_US/Support/.

Previews are mostly garbled, and a number of libs throw errors, like the HELICOIL lib:

[code]; ----- Error around expression -----
    (ASM_HDWDRAW_NOSCALE (LIST (CONS 10 XPOINT) (CONS 50 XANGLE) (CONS 210 XAXIS)) (LIST 0 XTYPE XSIZE XLENGTH))
    ; error: no function definition ; expected FUNCTION at [EVAL]

Something went wrong while trying to create the standard part. [/code]

But is very useful in my line of work, I'm looking forward to it working in the stable release.

• Nice - the procedure creating a solid appears to be....set the length, then double click on the profile and it appears in your workspace.

Well yes   (except most library items throw an error, per the release notes)

But i have to double click the item in the list.
    Wouldnt it be a good idea if it was possible to double click on the preview window?
    Would be faster as it is a bigger target and closer to the parameter pulldowns.
This discussion has been closed.