2D or 3D

If BricsCAD mainly used in the 2D area or in the 3D area?

Comments

• Who knows? Perhaps there has been an Autocad survey which might provide an insight, if they are still similar in the way they operate in 3d.

One might choose between 2d and 3d within bcad for preference alone, but often the choice is dictated by the industry you work in and the file format required.

2d and .dwg are very common, but 3d file formats have many strains and seem to depend on what the client or employer wants as much as which software is nicest to use.

In the absence of a consistent 3d industry format, staying with .dwg for 3d (as bcad does) would seem to be a good idea with much appeal, but it's a dilemma for contractors like myself when contracts which call for 3d drawings also require them in say Revit format.

Working in 2d vs 3d for me at least, has less to do with which is 'better'.

• Manly 2d. BricsCAD still has a very basic and limited 3d capabilities even compared to AutoCAD.
  • I think most use AutoCAD and BricsCAD as 2D. However, I believe it is primarily driven by user preference. We are a Civil Engineering Firm and much of what we create and utilize in BricsCAD is 3D. The functional capabilities of AutoCAD and BricsCAD for our application are almost identical.
This discussion has been closed.