BricsCAD for Mac OS X?

Hi!

I am a satisfied user of Bricscad for Windows, but I would switch to Mac OS X.

Any hints on Bricscad development for Mac OS X?

Thank you. 

Comments

• Thanks, I saw this blog post.

I wanted to know if there is development news.
  •  I too am curious about this, I would like my next computer purchase to be a Mac laptop; is there any word on a tentative initial release date, other than near the end of 2012?
  •  Hi, any further development news regarding the time frame for this?

Many thanks
  • I'm also waiting for release Bricscad at least beta version for MacOS. May be end of 2012 as write me from support. Same information as wrote Scott here.
  •  I'm currently evaluating affordable CAD solutions for OS X, and Bricscad would fit the bill perfectly. Are there any news on the OS X version? Given how much time has passed since we last heard about it, seems like a dead project…
  • BricsCAD (Mac) is getting near to beta stage.

As it happens, today we managed to get printing working, which was the biggest show-stopper left.
    Now we first want to fix some more important in-your-face issues, else we would waste valuable beta input with things we already know.

I know, we repeatedly promised it at an earlier date. Alas, such is the way of the world.  We have limited resources and very regularly something urgent pops up in between.
  •  Much better news than I expected! I look forward to that beta.

Thanks for the update!
  • Good news! Brx SDK will be too?
  • Nice news! AutoCAD MAC isn't so powerfull as the windows version (i think this is a huge understatement) so that luck do you have.
    I sign me up for the beta test :)
  •  I guess by now you have noticed we released that long awaited Beta of BricsCAD for OSX. 
    Really exciting!!.
    Best regards,   erik
  • Great work! Still beta (very often crash here), but I think it's faster than other alternative CAD on OS X. LISP works. It's better than I expected! I had nice day at Monday. :)
  •  I've played with the beta version for a short time and it will be a great product. There are, of course, some major bugs in it (I've submitted a couple of SRs), but that's to be expected.

All in all I'm very impressed. It's fast, too. I've been using v13 on Parallels for some time, and it just doesn't fill the bill for me; I'm sure that if I were more proficient at customizing both Parallels and BricsCAD it would be more user friendly.

I can't wait for the production version to be released. Congratulations to the development team!
  • Thanks for the kind words!

A separate BricsCAD forum for mac was created, this forum thread will be moved into the new forum.
This discussion has been closed.