Multileader Support

I thought BriscCAD had multileader support but I can not edit multileaders. Does anyone else know how to edit and create multileaders? Thanks.

Comments

• I thought BriscCAD had multileader support but I can not edit multileaders. Does anyone else know how to edit and create multileaders? Thanks.

I also can't edit multileaders.  I'm using V13.  Please help.

• Sadly the code I posted in the topic linked to in my previous post does not work anymore.

• Have updated your LISP to V13. See

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Hey Jason,

That sort of worked for me, but how does one edit the "existing" text to change a set of numbers in a long string of text?  That's where I have a problem.  Is there any way to explode the leader instead?  I can't seem to make that work either.  If I could explode it into separate entities that would be fine with me...

TIA!
    Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

try  attachmentMultiLeader2Block.lsp which is on the same thread 

Creates a copy of the multileader as a block

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

•  Perfect!  Thanks Jason!
  • I searched the support forum for Multileader and only found these old threads that relate to V13.

BricsCAD V 14.2 has Multileader support but there are quite a few bugs and this is a list of the problems I have come across so far:-

- Stretching of multileaders (they stretch twice as much as they should and stretching in the horizontal direction makes the landing longer too)

- They don't work correctly with viewport annotation scales (the text scales but the arrow head, landing etc. don't) Also grip editing to change the layout of the multileaders at different viewport scales can have some unexpected results. VBricsCAD have given me some code that helps make this problem more manageable.

- BricsCAD currently doesn't work properly with Multileaders that have a block attached with an attribute (e.g. AutoCAD Part Number ID multileaders). If you have this style define in your template you can draw a new Partnumber ID multileader and it prompts you to put in the Part ID. But I have not found a way to change the Partnumber ID except for exploding the multileader (which is no good if I later want to stretch the multileader to change the position/layout).

I have reported these bugs so hopefully they can be fixed in the next version of the software.

This discussion has been closed.