Trim to Polyline

Is there a setting or routine that allows a line/ polyline to be trimmed to the actual intersection point of the selected entities?

I find many of my 'Trim to polylines' need a zoom in and select very close to the intersection as opposed to just click anywhere past the intersection.

Thanks
Richard

Comments

•  Do you mean something more advanced than using the command "trim" and then pressing (for Select All)?

Alternatively to remove the press:

[code](defun c:TrimAll ( /) 
      (command "_.trim" "")
    );endfun[/code]

• Sorry I meant:

..and then pressing "enter" (for Select All)..
  • Dear Richard
    Try the TRIM tool in the 2D Editing command group in the Quad. This tool requires the selection of the entity to be trimmed only, cutting entities are detected automatically. The same counts for the EXTEND tool in this Quad command group. Please remember that you can repeat the most recently used Quad tool by right clicking when the entity under the cursor highlights and the Quad displays.
  • Thanks Louis. Must confess I rarely use the Quad command, mainly for editing vertex, but that works beautifully.

I'm used to typing TR and select object then trim line or just Select All or left drag window.
    That is very spasmodic and leaves all manner of artifacts as shown below with small piece out to the end at right.
    I was sure it never behaved like that once.
    imageTrim.jpg
  • forgot to ask, what is the difference? I used the Quad command to do same on above and it was instant and clean, right to the polyline.
    Extend was same in Quad.
    That's a mystery to me.

• @ Richard:
    The 'standard' _TRIM command has an option called 'Edge mode'.
    The setting for this option is stored in the EDGEMODE variable.
    It would seem that you have EDGEMODE switched ON.
  • ... Although trimming with the QUAD also respects the EDGEMODE variable.
  •  thanks Roy 
    I'm away for a few days so will follow up when I get back. 
    As mentioned, this used to work okay, then one of my upgrades changed it. 
    It was a real pain as complex polylines etc meant a fair deal of concentration to make a clean trim. 
    Will try the Quad routine again after (presumably) resetting the variable. 
    I prefer the Alias to Quad-at the moment anyway. 
    Regards 
    Richard 
This discussion has been closed.