Copy paste sometimes doesn't work

Hi,
it sometimes happen to me, that when I try to paste objects form the clipboard, Bricscad refuses to paste them ('unable to paste from clipboard' - or something like that on the command line). When this happens, I have to close Bricscad and open it. After that, the copy-paste works. It happens to me on two different machines (running Fedora). It happens quite often and is annoying, but I didn't find any culprit - what triggers this bug.
My question is: can anyone reproduce this problem? Does copy-paste work for you robustly, without any problems?

Comments

• I see this too, in openSUSE 12.3/13.1 64bit, BricsCAD V14

IINM, this happened in previous versions too.

I always assumed it was a limitation of the memory size allocated to the clipboard, but that is just a guess.

As a workaround I save the geometry I want to a temporary DWG file and insert it as a block.

And yes, sometimes restarting BricsCAD let me copy/paste again. What I didn't test was, after it happens the first time, if I can still copy/paste smaller selections or if the clipboard is off regardless of size/entity selected. Did you?
  • I see this too, in openSUSE 12.3/13.1 64bit, BricsCAD V14

IINM, this happened in previous versions too.

I always assumed it was a limitation of the memory size allocated to the clipboard, but that is just a guess.

As a workaround I save the geometry I want to a temporary DWG file and insert it as a block.

And yes, sometimes restarting BricsCAD let me copy/paste again. What I didn't test was, after it happens the first time, if I can still copy/paste smaller selections or if the clipboard is off regardless of size/entity selected. Did you?

Thanks for confirming the issue.
    I will try to test, if it's a clipboard memory size limit, but it doesn't seem like that to me. Just now I tried to copy-paste detailed plan of a building with lots of entities without any problem. It seems to me this bug occurs after some time working in Bricscad. This happens to me on two systems with Fedora both 64bit and 32bit.

Your workaround works, but it's as slow as closing and starting Brcicscad for me.
  •  Make sure your're not pasting to a locked layer.   
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!