find and replace wildcards

it doesn't seem possible ? can someone confirm this ?

ty

Comments

• I needed this the other day for something quite simple really and wondered why it wasn't available.
    Do we see this a future option for BricsCad? I hope so.
  • If you click on the options button there is a check box to select whether you search whole or parts of words. Perhaps this meets your needs?

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts
    imageFindAndReplaceOptions.png
  •  Wow, really?! 

I'm in the midst of writing a Find-replace plugin for AutoCAD (ssshhh - it's a secret) which does wildcards as well as Regular Expressions - drop a message here if you'd like me to look into porting it to BricsCAD.
  • I'm interested :) Would you look into porting it to BricsCAD?

Wow, really?! 

I'm in the midst of writing a Find-replace plugin for AutoCAD (ssshhh - it's a secret) which does wildcards as well as Regular Expressions - drop a message here if you'd like me to look into porting it to BricsCAD.
  • I'm interested :) Would you look into porting it to BricsCAD? 

Yup, working on it! Sorry about my tardy reply but rest assured it's getting there ... since some time before 2006 ... but the good news is it's now working and looking like I want it to. All going well, it should escape into the wild in the first half of this year.
  •  FYI - there is this in the App store, also at http://www.bltypesoftware.com/. I haven't used it but it looks like it would do the job. 

Mine will look quite different to that one and will be more expensive. It will also run in current versions of AutoCAD, as well as BricsCAD and others.
  • I am working on a Find-Replace tool in a palette. Presently it is AutoCAD-only but I can port it to BricsCAD if enough people are interested.

Go to http://www.CADfindREPLACE.com for more info - add your email if you're interested. You can let me know it's for BricsCAD by replying to the first email I send you - that will let me know how many are interested. The more interest it gets, that faster you will get it.

cheers
    Ewen
  • I never said I was quick. Here is the first sightings of CAD replace in BricsCAD. I still have more testing to do and an installer to write. I did find a recursion bug in mscorlib - achievement inlocked!

Ping me if you want it!