Bricscad on Laptops

Has anyone had any experience with CAD on a laptop? I'm considering dooing it, but would like to know if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks,

Comments

• When not in the office, I run BCad on (don’t laugh) a netbook w/ Intel Atom processor.
    (I spent the last 1-1/2 yr.s commuting weekly halfway across the country and loved the ease / portability of the netbook, especially when going through airport security.)
    That said, I never had issues running Bricscad (note: solely 2D) even with several other programs running simultaneously.
    Display size is a serious issue, so I bought a cheap 19” monitor and left it on site when contract was over.
  • <

div>

When not in the office, I run BCad on (don’t laugh) a netbook w/ Intel Atom processor.
    (I spent the last 1-1/2 yr.s commuting weekly halfway across the country and loved the ease / portability of the netbook, especially when going through airport security.)
    That said, I never had issues running Bricscad (note: solely 2D) even with several other programs running simultaneously.
    Display size is a serious issue, so I bought a cheap 19” monitor and left it on site when contract was over.

Ok. Sounds good. I'm getting ready to start school in a couple of weeks and need a new laptop. I'm hoping to get something off EBAY <$300, but we'll see. I do work full  time and have a dual monitor setup in  my cubicle, but I'm hoping I can adjust with only one screen. </div>

I do think I'll be doing some 3D (not manufacturing, but topography,LIDAR, etc.).

Thanks for the input, that eases my mind a bit.
  • You mention Lidar and topographic work. 
    That can be fairly demanding. Not sure on density of Lidar points you envisage but my PC struggled once and i gave up. 
    May pay to ask about a bit more. 

Other simple 2D work is a breeze on my Laptop. 
    Win 7 Pro 64. 4gb ram , dedicated graphics
    Toshiba P200.
  • 2D doesn't ask alot of a computer, 3D is something else, complex 3D can even bring a fast computer on it's knees.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!