Version V15 Linux

know something of the new version v15 for linux. I am working with V13 because the version V14 has many bugs

Thank you very much

Comments

• BricsCAD (Linux) V15 is in preparation, beta versions have already been published.

>I am working with V13 because the version V14 has many bugs
    I found no bugs reported by you.  If you experience bugs in BricsCAD, please enter support requests about it. We can only fix bugs if we are aware of them.

Kind Regards
    Tijs Vermeulen
  • First a disclaimer - I have no tie to BricsCAD beyond being a normal license holder and being a registered (Linux) beta tester.

Hi Victor - I suggest you try V14.1.20. 

I have found the later versions of V14 especially V14.1.19 to be rock solid - admittedly until the recent licence problem.  The work around provided a fix until 14.1 20 was released.  14.1.20 also appears to be a good release,  although I have been mainly working on (Linux) V15 beta versions. 

What has really been impressive to me is how quick the response has been when one does report a bug. Even on the beta versions I have normally been provided with a solution or work around within a day or two and with the beta versions - a new release that solves the issue within the next few days.

•  How does one become a V15 beta tester?  

• Hello Jim,

>How does one become a V15 beta tester?  
    By asking to become a beta tester in a support request.
    I replied in an existing support request by you.

Regards
    Tijs
  • Hi,
    I would like to ask associated question. Is the price of upgrade form V14 to V15 the same as from V13 to V15? Or is there some markup when upgrading from older versions?
    Tom
  •  Regarding Mike's comment about V14.1.20, I have problems exporting to PDF from files with large images embedded. Bricscad was able to reproduce the problem and it has been addressed in V15, but there are other problems with 15.

• Hi,
    I would like to ask associated question. Is the price of upgrade form V14 to V15 the same as from V13 to V15? Or is there some markup when upgrading from older versions?
    Tom
    Yes, Tomas.
    There is a difference in upgrade price if you come from older versions, vs. if you come from the immediate last one.
  • Yes, Tomas.
    There is a difference in upgrade price if you come from older versions, vs. if you come from the immediate last one.

Hi Miguel,
    thanks for that information.
  •  Regarding Mike's comment about V14.1.20, I have problems exporting to PDF from files with large images embedded. Bricscad was able to reproduce the problem and it has been addressed in V15, but there are other problems with 15.

I also reported this problem with V14. Nice to hear it has been resolved in V15.
This discussion has been closed.