acedCmdNF.h error

Hi,

I'm trying to compile for BRX v14 and v15 but get this missing file error. Adding it isn't the solution, what am i doing wrong ?

ty

Comments

• Dear Dirk,

with BRX, there is no such change in acedCommand() interface as with ARX >= 2013 ...
    so you can safely use normal acedCmd() or acedCommand() with BricsCAD, as done with older ARX ...

that means, the easiest way is to exclude acedCmdNF.h from being included, and continue with acedCmd() resp. acedCommand()
    with BRX builds.

Normally, an #ifdef ... #else ... #endif is sufficient to split the code.
    We could include a dummy acedCmdNF.h, but as client code likely uses acedCmdS() / acedCommandS() and related stuff
    (which is not available + necessary in BRX), it would not make much sense.

Hope this explains ?
    Many greetings !
  • ok thx Thorsten, now i understand why i was able to compiile it earlier, this was before it was modified for ACAD.

• Hi,

i have the same problem and i don't want to split my code with #ifdef stuff everywhere. 

I would like to see  better support for this case.

Thanx.

• Indeed, we should include an "acedCmdNF.h" file in BRX SDK ... supporting acedCommandS() and acedCmdS() declarations;
    maybe also some minor stuff as well, for better source compatibility.

But we will likely not introduce acedCommandC() resp. acedCmdC() ... such mechanism is simply not present and not necessary with BricsCAD;
    we will review this mechanism, and if suitable, we might implement a placebo to support the "C" functions.

Many greetings !
This discussion has been closed.