Testing on a Mac

Hi,
I am testing the new V15 for Mac.  I really like what I see so far.  I do not see any settings for the crosshairs in BricsCAD.  How do I set up the crosshairs? 

Comments

•  I found the crosshair setting but even when I put in 100 all I get is the arrow cursor.
  • Thanks for your interest in BricsCAD(Mac)!

At the moment BricsCAD(Mac) does not draw the crosshair and pickbox/aperture box.
    The mechanism that we normally use to draw the crosshair in BricsCAD on windows and linux does not work on mac. (FYI, technical reason: OpenGL and native drawing commands cannot be combined in the same buffer, at least not how we currently do it.)

We hope to remedy this soon, but it turns out hard to implement. The shape of the crosshair is of course not complicated, but it is hard to move (draw+undraw) it fast enough. If we would draw it together with the remainder of the drawing, the crosshair would slow down the entire drawing, which must not happen.

BricsCAD(Mac) is still very young and it is exposed to the public for the first time. I expect it to improve very fast in the coming months.

Regards
    Tijs
  •  Hi Tijs,

5 month later... now it is end of April 2015. Any news about crosshair.

Regards Uli
  • Hello Ulrich,

The timing of your question is quite a coincidence.
    As it happens, I experienced a properly working crosshairs on my mac computer for the first time just yesterday.

It is not that we dawdled on this issue.  It really has been an annoying problem.
    During the past 5 months several approaches have been attempted.
    All but the last one were too slow in practice.  Crosshairs really must not lag behind when moving the mouse.

Anyway, it looks like we do have a working solution now.
    We are preparing BricsCAD(Mac) V15.2.02 BETA at the moment, expected to be published next week.

Kind Regards
    Tijs Vermeulen
  •  News about the beta ?

I'm about to pull the trigger on buying BricsCAD for Mac. Not sure though if the Mac version gets the same priority as Windows versions...
  • Hello Steffen,

The V15.2.02 BETA has already been published.
    Only registered beta testers receive notification and have download access.
    I will answer further in one of your existing support requests.
  • Perfect - thanks you :)
  •  Hi, I'm testing the Version 15.2.02 and I find it the best one so far (it crushes more seldom comapring to the previous one) despite following bug:
    while in model space I'm dividing the viewport to say two ones the cursor is desappearing, it's very hard to pick anything up.

Regards

Piotr Czerwiński
  •  Hi, I'm testing the Version 15.2.02 and I find it the best one so far (it crushes more seldom comapring to the previous one) despite following bug:
    while in model space I'm dividing the viewport to say two ones the cursor is desappearing, it's very hard to pick anything up.

Thanks for the kind words!
    We are aware of the viewport/cursor bug, it is a high priority issue.
    The new cursor implementation appears for the first time in V15.2.02.  For good reason it was published in a BETA version.  The cursor is everywhere, so regressions are likely.

Regards
    Tijs
  •  Yeah it's beta but it is the first one for MAC i really switched from Parallers' one. I must admit this beta is slower than Windows' one especially with xrefs or/and blocks with hatches.. anyway still it's better not to have a discoteque of desktops in front of me and use only osx:) and it's nice to see my way of thinking has a speed at least:)
    Good work, looking foreward to using new, faster versions!

Piotr
  •  ANOTHER BUG

Howdy!,
    while trying to copy with base point and then paste - sometimes it does not work, just pastes previous block from another procedure (dwg) but it must be openned some 3-5 drawings simultanouisly. I copied something from dwg1 pasted to dwg 4 but then tried to copy something from dwg4 to dwg5 and.. and the block from dwg1 is appearing to be pasted not that one from the dwg4.... I hope I described it more clear than not clear:)

Regards
    Piotr Czerwiński
  •  I've been using bricscad 13 a while and only recently upgraded to 15 solely for the MAC option - but am really frustrated with the lack of the cross hair pickbox etc. i don't see a line at all as i draw, or know what I am picking/selecting. I can't really use it. Ive tried reloading a couple of times but still no luck.
    I see only delta x and delta y numbers floating around and the arrow cursor. Is this normal behavior? Is there a time table for a new release that brings it closer to windows functionality?
    LOVE Bricscad - but frustrated with 15mac!

behavior.mov

• <

div>

the lack of the cross hair pickbox

The missing crosshair is a known issue.  In fact, beta version V15.2.02 already contains the crosshairs + pickbox.

<

div>

i don't see a line at all as i draw, or know what I am picking/selecting. I can't really use it. Ive tried reloading a couple of times but still no luck. I see only delta x and delta y numbers floating around and the arrow cursor. Is this normal behavior?

This is certainly not normal.  It is not a known issue.  Please enter a support request.

Is there a time table for a new release that brings it closer to windows functionality?
    As it happens, I will start preparing release version V15.2.07 today.  I can't predict exactly how long it will take but I expect a couple of days.
  •  Testing 15.2.2 now, having still the disappearing cursor in the paperspace. 
    Also encounter excessive wakeups on osx 10.10.3 and saving issues making pdf's of some (not all) pages in a file giving this error. 
    _exportError number : 0x20044. 
     Invalid ResBuf

28-05-15 19:18:55,531 bricscad[7883]: _NSExtensionIsSafeExpressionForObjectWithSubquerySubstitutions: Expression considered unsafe: SUBQUERY($extensionItem.attachments, $attachment, (NOT ANY $attachment.registeredTypeIdentifiers UTI-CONFORMS-TO "com.adobe.pdf") AND (NOT ANY $attachment.registeredTypeIdentifiers UTI-CONFORMS-TO "public.image"))

Its production, so help would be greatly apprreciated. 
  •  Just downloaded the V16 for Mac BETA.  I tried to reset the crosshairs and set the value to 100 BUT the crosshairs are not changed from the default short 3% in the drawing view.  The settings say 100 but the actual crosshairs are still at 3%.

I read that this crosshair problem was solved in an earlier version of V15????
  • >The settings say 100 but the actual crosshairs are still at 3%.
    Yes, this is a known shortcoming of the current crosshair implementation in BricsCAD(Mac).
    The crosshair cursor has a maximum size and cannot be displayed screen-wide.

>I read that this crosshair problem was solved in an earlier version of V15????
    In the earliest V15 versions there was no crosshair at all.
    It was added in V15.2.02, but with the mentioned shortcoming.

It has proven quite hard to display the crosshair cursor.  Several methods have been tried.  Only the method we are using now proved fast enough, but it uses a limited size bitmap.  With larger size it would become too slow again.

That said, we will continue searching for a better method.
  •  Any news on this?? When we'll get it? Look at your competitors and they all have got it. Even the free ones out there so it can't be that hard to do.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!