How do I start a support request?

At some point in the past, when you attempted to start a support request, the topic you typed was actually used for a knowledge base search. Then, you had to select one of the topics,even if none of them apply, and there you could find a link to start an actual support request.

However, that process is no longer working for me.  Is the link not showing up, but supposed to be there?  How do you start a support request?

-joe

Comments

• Browse through the knowledge base to the topic most applicable to your issue. If you don't find a KB article on your issue, then down at the bottom you can select the blue 'New support request' button. The process does make it a rather long winded approach to raising an SR.

If you're not seeing the button, perhaps try forcing a refresh of your browser by pressing Ctrl + F5. Your issue may be related to the recent changes to the website.

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 
  •  Or... log in and go to your account information (click your name at the top of the screen after logging in) and then choose Support Requests from the options on the left hand side. That shows you any open requests and a blue button to submit a new request.
  •  Thank you all for your suggestions, and I have attempted all your suggestions.  I have used Cntl-F5 for each page.  

However, I still cannot find a support button.  Here is a screen shot from when I arrived at the results of the knowledge base search.

-Joe
  •  Oops, clicked the wrong button.  Here is the attachment.

-Joe
    imageLooking for support link.JPG
  •  I normally use the Maxthon browser, but I just tried the process in Microsoft's Internet Explorer, and had the same problem.  No support request button.

-Joe
  •  Joe,

Try to "jump" one level up by clicking on the communicator button.

•  Yes, choosing something from the Communicator FAQ did show the new support request link.  Do you have the same problem I was having?

-Joe
  •  I don't think it is a problem. 
    1. you go to bricsys.com
    2. choose support section
    3. navigate to the main category you interested in (for example BricsCAD)
    4. choose the specific sub-category (for example Mechanical)

This logic allows to address the support request directly to the best support analyst in this particular category.
  •  I think the link is just missing from the particular web page that I choose. I had to choose "communicator" as the subject, even though my support request had nothing to do with communicator.

-Joe
This discussion has been closed.