Save to earlier version

When a dwg is saved to an earlier version does Bricscad revert it to previous if more work is done on the dwg then a save is instigated? 
Or would I need to Save As and chose the earlier version? 

Comments

• I believe that, by default, it will save the dwg in whatever release BCad you have opened / edited said dwg in.
    I.e.: SAVEAS AutoCAD 2004 dwg. Open it & edit (in BCad v14), SAVE. It will be in v14.
    Easily confirmed by opening dwg in Notepad and look at header info.
  • The Save command always saves in the format specified in the "Save Format" setting. You can edit that setting.

The Save As command does the same, except that it allows you to override the "Save Format" setting just for that one save. If you use an override, it won't apply to the next save of that same file.
  •  Thanks for the replies. 
    I usually 'Save As' and rename in process, but occasionally get a message my dwg can't be opened when sent on to other user. 
    Good to understand the process. 
    Thanks for tip on reading the header. 

• I usually 'Save As' and rename in process, but occasionally get a message my dwg can't be opened when sent on to other user. 

I would try using ETRANSMIT, you can use this to package the drawing up with all dependencies, and save back to earlier versions at the same time. Avoids having to muck around with trying to maintain versions. If you use SHEETSETs, you can collect a number of drawings together, then ETRANSMIT from there.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts 

• @Jason Bourhill
    Thanks Jason
    That's a very useful output.
    I can see the advantages and I'll use that in future.
    Much appreciated.

Richard
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!