Cannot delete blocks and layers

I don't know why but sometimes I don't know delete some blocks and layers.
In my example file there are only 91 lines on layer 0.
Can anyone tell me why I cannot delete 1 block "_Oblique" and 2 CKSTENY* layers?

Thanks

Comments

• The _Oblique block is referenced by a dimension style (DIMBLK).
    The layers are perhaps hard referenced. This can be done programmatically and will make layers 'unpurgable'.

• The layers are indeed referenced by application data (Xdata).
    [code](
      (-1 . <Entity name: caf15f0>)
      (0 . "LINE")
      (5 . "4D46D")
      (330 . <Entity name: 1bb55480>)
      (100 . "AcDbEntity")
      (67 . 0)
      (410 . "Model")
      (8 . "0")
      (48 . 0.9)
      (100 . "AcDbLine")
      (10 -176.325 65.325 0.0)
      (11 -176.325 63.825 0.0)
      (210 0.0 0.0 1.0)
      (
        (
          "CK_LT_ELEM"
          (1000 . "05")
        )
        (
          "CK_OP"
          (1070 . 0)
          (1070 . 0)
          (1070 . 1)
          (1070 . 0)
        )
        (
          "CK_LT_ALTITUDEPARS"
          (1000 . "423247682175926")
          (1070 . 1)
          (1003 . "CKSTENY_REZ") ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
          (1071 . 0)
          (1040 . 2.4)
          (1040 . 0.0)
          (1041 . 0.0)
          (1041 . -0.0033)
          (1042 . -0.0001)
          (1042 . -0.0002)
        )
        (
          "CK_LT_OST"
          (1070 . 0)
          (1070 . 0)
          (1070 . 0)
          (1040 . 0.0)
          (1040 . 0.0)
          (1040 . 0.0)
          (1040 . 100.0)
          (1041 . 0.0)
          (1041 . 0.0)
          (1041 . 0.0)
          (1041 . -0.1)
          (1042 . 0.0)
          (1042 . 0.0)
          (1042 . 0.0)
        )
        (
          "CK_KEY"
          (1000 . "CKSTENY_PODROVINOU")
        )
      )
    )[/code]
  •  Thanks, 
    but what does it mean?
    How can I delete it from my file?
  •  If I copy paste these lines (layer 0) into new brand file, unwanted layer are there.
  •  In this new file is pasted only 1 line on layer 0.
    Unwanted layer is there.
    I think there is something very wrong, if after copy paste 1 line can be brought such garbage.

line.dwg

• You misunderstand. This behaviour is correct and as intended. This is how hard references work. If you copy-paste an entity that hard-references another entity (in this case a line that hard-references a layer) the referenced entity should be pasted as well.

One way to solve this is to save the dwg to a very old dwg format. To get rid of Xdata the Release 10 format can be used.
    Note that saving to this format also means losing other data. For example layouts are removed, dimensions become non-associative and hatches become anonymous blocks.

Alternatively there are some purge applications 'out there' that might work for you.
  • You misunderstand. This behaviour is correct and as intended. This is how hard references work. If you copy-paste an entity that hard-references another entity (in this case a line that hard-references a layer) the referenced entity should be pasted as well.

One way to solve this is to save the dwg to a very old dwg format. To get rid of Xdata the Release 10 format can be used.
    Note that saving to this format also means losing other data. For example layouts are removed, dimensions become non-associative and hatches become anonymous blocks.

Alternatively there are some purge applications 'out there' that might work for you.

I haven't tried it but from what i've read "superpurge" from manusoft.com might be what you are looking for.
  •  Thanks for answers.
    I found out today, DraftSight can delete this unwanted layers without problems.

But I think, this is essential function and should be part of BricsCad ...
  • Actually there is a much more convenient way to remove Xdata: the _DELEDATA command.
    [code]: _DELEDATA
    Delete Entity Data:  ? to list application names/<Name of application>: *
    Select entities to delete Entity Data: ALL
    Entities in set: 91
    Select entities to delete Entity Data:[/code]
  • I found out today, DraftSight can delete this unwanted layers without problems.

maybe DraftSight can ... but if such layers are referenced by XData or XRecords, then it will quickly create defect / damaged dwg files :-)
    Try loading with _recover or _audit afterwards to see if the resulting dwg file is valid ...
  •  Cannot be such reference by XData splitted or divided or so?
    Or are we slaves such references? :)
    I import (copy paste) a couple of lines from another file into my drawing with this and now what?
    Am I supposed to have such unwanted layers there forever?
  • Forgot to mention this:
    For the 'Saveas R10' method to work you have to close and reopen the new file.
  • I may usefully understand this common irritation, if I can understand what 'hard reference' means - please?
  • @ Tom:
    You are probably already aware of the concept of hard-referencing. Hard references are quit common in BricsCAD. A block insert hard-references a block definition, a text entity hard-references a text style etc. You know that a text style that is referenced cannot be purged. And that pasting a text entity into another drawing means pasting its text style as well (if that style does not pre-exist). Programmers can create similar references. For an application two entities may need to stay paired. Or a block definition may need to stay linked to other block definitions that have been derived from it (for dynamic blocks purge prevention based on hard-references is used).
  • I see a bit better now - thanks. It's only recently I realised that annoying unpurgeable Oblique block was part of dimensions. There's often others that I can't explain.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!